Test seems to fail with deviceid option in console mode

Hi, all

We have Runtime Engine License, and trying to following:

• Run our test in azure DevOps
  • Run our test with Android Emulator

I guess I can not run our test with -deviceId option by license problem…

In katalon task, I run following

-noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="$(System.DefaultWorkingDirectory)/Shobosso/Shobosso238.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Mobile/JustAccessGoogle" -browserType="Android" -deviceId="$(DeviceID)" -apiKey="$(katalon-api-key)"

And I got following error

Start activating online...

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Online activation for console mode failed.

Activation failed. Please make sure you are using a valid license.

If I run above test without “-deviceId” option, online license can be activated. (test itself failed with No mobile device name available error though.)

Why I got license error with deviceid option?

1 Like

@rie.ota,

The log shows Katalon Studio could not recognize the apiKey argument. Please check the $(katalon-api-key) param again.

Thanks

Hi @duyluong
As mentioned above, just removing -deviceID option resolve the license problem.

I confirmed again, but the apiKey is set in azure keyVault correctly and the licence can be activated just removing deviceID option.

@rie.ota

Can you share us the execution log? You can send us in private message if your data is sensitive.

Thanks

@duyluong Thank you, I attach 2 files : with deviceID option and without it. (only katalon execution task)
If whole azure DevOps log is required, I’ll send them in private message.

With_DeviceID_katalonTask.txt (10.5 KB) Without_DeviceID_katalonTask.txt (977.6 KB)

Hi @rie.ota,

In the execution log with deviceId, we found this:

2020-02-26T00:46:51.6210380Z sh: DeviceID: command not found

2020-02-26T00:47:04.4781070Z INFO: Command-line arguments: -runMode=console -projectPath=/Users/runner/runners/2.165.0/work/1/s/Shobosso/Shobosso238.prj -retry=0 -testSuitePath=Test Suites/Mobile/JustAccessGoogle -browserType=Android -deviceId= -apiKey=******

that means Katalon Studio Runtime Engine did not recognize the environment variable: DeviceID. You can run the test again with this command before the katalon task:

echo $(DeviceID)

and share us the result.

@duyluong
Actually I set following command in previous task

DeviceID=`adb shell service call iphonesubinfo 1 | awk -F "'" '{print $2}' | sed '1 d' | tr -d '.' | awk '{print}' ORS=`
      echo $DeviceID

and it saids

2020-02-26T00:46:22.9972270Z 358240051111110

@rie.ota

Please change from:

-noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“$(System.DefaultWorkingDirectory)/Shobosso/Shobosso238.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Mobile/JustAccessGoogle” -browserType=“Android” -deviceId=“$(DeviceID)”

to

-noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“$(System.DefaultWorkingDirectory)/Shobosso/Shobosso238.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Mobile/JustAccessGoogle” -browserType=“Android” -deviceId=“$DeviceID”

and try again

hi @duyluong,

^ I tried and got following error

Option deviceId requires an argument

8_katalonTask.txt (9.9 KB)

In previous task, echo $DeviceID said 358240051111110

^ Sorry, I had removed not only parentheses but apikey.
Tried again and I got following error again

Offline activation failed.

Start activating online...

Online activation for console mode failed.

Activation failed. Please make sure you are using a valid license.

All launchers terminated

Script that I run :

-noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="$(System.DefaultWorkingDirectory)/Shobosso/Shobosso238.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Mobile/JustAccessGoogle" -browserType="Android" -deviceId="$DeviceID" -apiKey="$(katalon-api-key)"

1 Like

this is resolved by following script, thank you.

-deviceId="emulator-5554" -browserType="Android"

1 Like