Test execution is very slow

Hi!
I have a beginner’s question…
What has to be done on order that the tests run faster? they run very, very slow (I believe I have a wrong setting).
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Can you show me your settings? Have you done anything special ?

Hi!
What settings would you like me to send you?

image.png

Did you change something here ?

Katalon delay.png

Hi!
No I haven’t :frowning: It’s very, very slow .
I don’t know what else I may show you, in order to explain what is happening…
Thanks

Hi Mariana,
Would you please provide details information on what you are trying to test and your system environment?
Sometimes the system requirement is NOT met. Please refer to this documentation.

Liam

Hello, I am encountering the same issue.

I did not change the settings but I think that it is the local settings of IE that are in cause.

Indeed, several months ago it was working perfectly. Today I am reusing it and it is too slow. I tried an old version of Katalon - 4.7.2 and it is now slow as well. So I suppose it is not due to Katalon.

Are you aware of any IE11 settings that could make the execution that slow. Ex: it takes around 5 seconds between each operations and the setting you’ve asked is set at 0 second.

Thank you for your help !

Im using the latest version Katalon Studio v5.3.0.1 win64 under IE11 \ win10 pro environment.

I am encountering the same issue. It takes around 5 seconds between each key in while tesing the login page. I find IEDriverServer.exe in the folder configuration\resources\drivers\iedriver_win64 is win32 version. And I tried to replace it with win64 version. And KS throw an error while testing. Obviously, Katalon cannot support win64v of IEDriverServer.exe.

Is there any idea to solve this problem? thx~

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Windows 7, 64bit, Katalon Studio Version 5.3.1 Build 1.
Neither Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, nor Firefox are working correct. Only the headless mode is working fine.

For testing I just created a new project and used the “Sample Web UI Testing Project”. I clicked on “Run”, selected Chrome. Everything starts quick, right until Chrome starts and the step “Navigating browser to: ‘http://demoaut.katalon.com’” pops up.

Have a look at the execution trace below. 56s per test? There is sth. fishy. Please help!

sample.png

1 Like

Hi again!

I just found out what was wrong. For me it was the proxy settings. I just changed the settings, Window -> Preferences -> Katalon -> Proxy -> Proxy Option: Use system proxy configuration.

Hope this helps you too.

Greetings,
Daniel

1 Like

Daniel Roggenkamp said:

Hi again!

I just found out what was wrong. For me it was the proxy settings. I just changed the settings, Window -> Preferences -> Katalon -> Proxy -> Proxy Option: Use system proxy configuration.

Hope this helps you too.

Greetings,
Daniel

I used system proxy configuration. but the text input execution is still very slow under IE

Normally, the web testers encounter such types of circumstances. would you like to suggest some precautions or guidelines for improving test execution speed?

Daniel Roggenkamp said:

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Windows 7, 64bit, Katalon Studio Version 5.3.1 Build 1.
Neither Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, nor Firefox are working correct. Only the headless mode is working fine.

For testing I just created a new project and used the “Sample Web UI Testing Project”. I clicked on “Run”, selected Chrome. Everything starts quick, right until Chrome starts and the step “Navigating browser to: ‘http://demoaut.katalon.com’” pops up.

Have a look at the execution trace below. 56s per test? There is sth. fishy. Please help!

Same here, chrome and ff are normally run.
But IE11 is facing the same problem, every action must pause 30’s

In my case, it was due to a shared folder - I moved my project to a my local drive

Hi,

I am facing this issue too. Each action performed took at least 30 sec to execute. But I set it to 0 for action delay.



I had tried Window -> Preferences -> Katalon -> Proxy -> Proxy Option: Use system proxy configuration.

It was not like that, the execution used to be with no delays.

Is it due to IE settings?

Thanks and have a nice day.

Guys, i have also noticed this. please debug using the following
if you are on office network, try accessing from home network
if you have vpn and your app can be connected without vpn. please disconnect and try

try changing the project to c drive instead of shared folder and if the project doesn’t open saying cant open project or unable to create project, please delete the recent projects file from the config folder in c drive . it will get resolved

Try terminating the webdrivers

Just for your interest. The “Smart wait”, newly introduced feature at KS 7.0, may slows down test executions. Have a look at the following long discussion:

You can disable “Default Smart Warit” in the dialogue of Project Setting > Execution.

1 Like

you have to change the IE driver to IE driver version x32 it will work.
IE Driver Location: <Katalon Studio folder>\configuration\resources\drivers\
you can download it from here depending on your selenium version:
https://selenium-release.storage.googleapis.com/index.html