Taking entire page screenshot using AShot in Katalon Studio

I have made a demo project here:

------

Problem to solve

I wanted to take an screenshot of a Web page. The target page was supposed to have the height over 10,000px.

I tried WebUI.takescreenshot() and found it can only take visual portion; it can not take the image of entire page.

Solution

By searching I found a Java Library called AShot.

WebDriver Screenshot utility

1. Takes a screenshot of a WebElement on different platforms (i.e. desktop browsers, iOS Simulator Mobile Safari, Android Emulator Browser)
  2. Decorates screenshots
  3. Provides flexible screenshot comparison

I was impressed with the simplicity of the sample code of capturing the entire page by AShot. So I tried AShot in Katalon Studio.

I have found AShot works like a charm.

Here I attached the screenshot taken by AShot:

How to modify report’s File Name, How to take entire page screenshot, Mouse Over is not working

cool +1

This is great. I tested it on a PC browser and it seems to work 90% of the time (the seams between the pictures were sometimes a bit off but its great.
I tried it on a phone browser and all it seems able to do is take a zoomed in screenshot. I only see the top left hand corner of the browser. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks

I have no idea.
I think aShot has nothing to do with browser zooming.

I think AShot takes screenshot of a single web element. I use it to screenshot only the pop-up error messages from my app, but if you set it up for taking a screenshot of the element, it will get the whole page.

Stephen_Watson,

aShot supports 2 distinct method signatures:

1. public Screenshot takeScreenshot(WebDriver driver, WebElement element) — taking a screenshot of a specific HTML element
  2. public Screenshot takeScreenshot(WebDriver driver) — taking entire page screenshot

Which method are you calling?

Thanks for your reply.

It doesn’t actually zoom the browser in, the browser on the phone stays the same, it just takes a picture of the top left corner of the browser, so that’s all you see in the picture. It just makes it look like it has been zoomed.
I’ll keep search