SWTException after Update to Windows_64-5.2.0.1

Since update to 5.2.0.1 I’ve got the following error message when I try to open project.

Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.dataprovider.FolderFileServiceDataProvider.getTestListenerRoot(Lcom/kms/katalon/entity/project/ProjectEntity;)Lcom/kms/katalon/entity/folder/FolderEntity;)

Hi Sven Asmus,

Is it possible to send me your project?

Hello, i enounter same problem. After update to Win_64-5.2.0 Build 1 i got
Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.dataprovider.FolderFileServiceDataProvider.getTestListenerRoot(Lcom/kms/katalon/entity/project/ProjectEntity;)Lcom/kms/katalon/entity/folder/FolderEntity;)

Please help to send me your project for debugging. If there is any sensitive information, please remove it.

Regards

By the way, please help to post Katalon Studio logs also. It’s available in .log file
\config.metadata.log

I haven’t run Katalon in a month or so and today I upgraded to the latest version and I am getting this error as well. I am running the 64bit version on Win7 64bit. I have attached the .log file located in the .metadata folder. Thank you.

.log

Hi all,

Thanks for your logs. We will fix it as soon as possible based on provided logs. We can’t reproduce it from my side, so having that log will help.

Regards

Hi all,

Upon researching and figuring out what really happens for your issue, I’ve come up with following solutions:

  1. Close Katalon Studio
  2. Delete this file: “com.kms.katalon.dal.file_1.0.0.201712051248” in plugins folder, e.g:C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\plugins and start Katalon Studio 5.2 again

Please also try to re-download Katalon Studio as well for fresh installation

When you extract Katalon Studio v5.2, please ensure to extract it to separate folder and not overwrite on existing Katalon Studio v4.8 folder

Regards

1 Like

Hi Vinh, that didn’t work for me so instead I just backed up my projects and unzipped 5.2 into a new folder and everything is working fine now.