Studio Platform Edition Git > Clone Project

Hi all, it’s Anh Chu - the PM for Katalon TestOps here.

Sorry that I am late to the conversation - I did want to observe the various opinions and feedback you guys had here, @kazurayam @anon46315158, and everyone. Thank you @albert.vu for helping with responding so far.

From a product point of view, I definitely want to make the set-up experience as seamless as possible for all users. However, the nature of corporate firewalls, networking security, etc. has made this a challenge to implement strictly from within the product (as @kazurayam has acutely pointed out).

We could have done a better job outlining the different scenarios and detailed recommendations in our documentation, hence, I have requested an update to the relevant docs and I will come back to this thread with new links once enhancements are made.

We have listed out the domain names and the IP addresses that users should whitelist when encountering any network issues in the docs here and here. I hope that is somewhat clearer.

To clarify on what Albert said: TestOps stores a record of your Katalon project and the linked Git repo URL. The record (Katalon Project ID : Git Repo URL) is then read by KS Platform Edition when you launch and activate the app. Git-related communication between KS Platform Edition and TestOps stops there and you will have to input your own Git credentials within KS.

I know it is frustrating when your workflow is blocked by issues like this. This thread definitely makes me reflect on my past experience as a DevOps guy trying to configure everything “correctly”. If you are available to chat directly, I would love to pick your brains @kazurayam @anon46315158 and help improve the product. Let me know so I can shoot you an email. For now, we’ll start working on the docs.

2 Likes