Stuck at file uploading step please help!

Hi there,

Sorry for late response. Upon looking again at your web application, I’ve observed that there are two buttons:
1. Browse: To browse file but does not upload it
2. Upload: To upload selected file
So in conclusion, you need to pass Browse button as an object into ‘Upload File’ keyword to let it SELECT that file, but you also have to click on Upload button to UPLOAD it.

Sorry I don’t see your code fully at the beginning :slight_smile:

Regards

The whole upload process can be simulated like this:

WebUI.uploadFile(findTestObject('Page_docCM/browse button'), 'D:\\Users\\mjoshi\\Capture1.JPG')
WebUI.click(findTestObject('Page_docCM/upload button')) 

For me above script works.
Thanks Vinh :slight_smile:

Can you please provide solution for handling download functionality in Internet Explorer. I have provided screenshot.

Save Popup.png

Hello all for me given solution NOT worked… Auto it worked for me ! kushan is QA from community help me.but now. now I stuck at last step which is clicking n upload button please help

here is the screenshot

Capture`.JPG

Well it is the same error message from what you’ve posted in the beginning. How about checking again your current web application state before that ‘Click’ step?

Hello Vinh Nguyen , Finally its worked for me ! I add delay before last click here is the last success screenshot

IMG-20180319-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20180319-WA0009.jpeg

all of sudden my IE execusion is very very slow please help

Hi mahesh,

You should create a new discussion in this case :). Your current original issue related to upload file has been resolved, therefore you should create a new one instead of ‘very very slow’ issue.

I will process to close this one.

Regards

Hi Mahesh, I added delay. But, it’s not working for me. Did you find any other workaround?

Can you please explain your test case in detail.
Scenario? And what’s not working

Thanks

I have a button. On click of it, it opens Windows Open dialog box. My script is able to click on the button, which is showing the Open dialog box. But, it is unable to upload the file. It is showing an error message, ‘unable to upload file’. I have used delay before and after the upload statement. But, it is now working.

Whichever browser you executing . If chrome use upload keyword in katalon if ie use auto it script

The problem is solved. We will have to provide xpath of ‘input’ tag whose type is ‘file’.

2 Likes

Which browser you used it never worked for me on ie browser so I integrated with auto it.

@mahesh_joshi I am using Chrome browser.

1 Like

I have issue with uploading the file…please help

import static com.kms.katalon.core.checkpoint.CheckpointFactory.findCheckpoint

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCase

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testdata.TestDataFactory.findTestData

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject

import com.kms.katalon.core.checkpoint.Checkpoint as Checkpoint

import com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords as CucumberKW

import com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.MobileBuiltInKeywords as Mobile

import com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling as FailureHandling

import com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCase as TestCase

import com.kms.katalon.core.testdata.TestData as TestData

import com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject as TestObject

import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI

import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable

import org.openqa.selenium.Keys as Keys

WebUI.openBrowser(’’)

WebUI.navigateToUrl(‘https://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/’)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_Convert JPG to PDF for free - JPG to PDF online converter/input_JPG to convert to PDF_select_file_button’))

WebUI.delay(2)

WebUI.waitForElementAttributeValue(findTestObject(‘Page_Convert JPG to PDF for free - JPG to PDF online converter/input_JPG to convert to PDF_select_file_button’),

‘class’, ‘btn btn-primary’, 5)

WebUI.delay(2)

WebUI.uploadFile(findTestObject(‘Page_Convert JPG to PDF for free - JPG to PDF online converter/input_JPG to convert to PDF_select_file_button’),

‘/Users/swapnaputta/Downloads/seasonal-wallpaper-1.jpg’)

FilePath = WebUI.getAttribute(findTestObject(‘Page_Convert JPG to PDF for free - JPG to PDF online converter/input_JPG to convert to PDF_select_file_button’),

‘/Users/swapnaputta/Downloads/seasonal-wallpaper-1.jpg’)

WebUI.verifyMatch(FilePath, ‘/Users/swapnaputta/Downloads/seasonal-wallpaper-1.jpg’, false)

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.closeBrowser()

Hello @swapna1 can you please explain issue in detail.

1. What browser you using to execute?
    2.upload file not working means what’s happening?

3.any error logs can you send me screenshot of that
Thanks