Strange wait since upgrade to 7.8 - is the time capsule slowing too much the execution?

Hi,

I don’t know if it’s a bug yet, but since I upgraded from 7.7 to 7.8 the exact same tests now have a wait after each page loading I didn’t have.

Bottom line : it’s way slower to execute the exact same test (not later than this morning, in 7.7).

Is it an effect of the time capsule ? How do I disable it to verify my hypothesis ?

HTML is available at /[…].mhtml

I’ve tried to play in the project settings > Execution > WebUI, no combinaison seems to change anything.

I will probably try to reinstall 7.7 to compare if I can.

• Katalon Studio Version: 7.8
  • OS Version: Windows 10
  • Browser Version: Chrome (Version 86.0.4240.198 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
1 Like

I think you should (and realize, you can have more than one version installed).

What’s strange is, there is a bug in 7.7, confirmed by @ThanhTo this morning, where the Smart Wait script is failing to be applied to the browser - but that’s the opposite problem to what you’re seeing.

I’ve got a test : 33 mn in 7.7.0 vs 47 mn in 7.8.0

But I tend to think it’s more about the waitForPageLoad or something like that. Will explore more later :slight_smile:

How do you configure Project Settings>WebUI>Default Smart Wait. If it is Enabled, try turning it Disabled.

I have the same exact issue as the post owner, and it’s making me crazy, it’s a high priority.
I want to do a Demo of the tool and people ask me why it’s doing nothing… and we see in the log viewer that it is generating the MHTML report… how can we fix this or disable it, I think the version 7.6 wasn’t doing it!
My function take 0.001 sec to execute and the report jump to 5 sec each time…
FYI, we have a Data Driven approach maybe it’s worst in that case.

@ThanhTo @duyluong Are these guys seeing a bug?

@gfortier

We will release a new version soon to allow users to disable Time Capsule. For now, a work around is to simply to use a lower version of Katalon, or execute on Firefox because Time Capsule is not available on Firefox yet.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi @gfortier

Version 7.8.2 is officially released on our website now which includes the ability to disable Time Capsule. Please try it out and let me know if that resolves the issue.

2 Likes

Hello @ThanhTo,
Yes, it resolves it! Thank you for your fast respond!
Have a good new year.

Hi @Russ,

I may have an issue with the smart wait not working. Can you share the link to bug in 7.7 for smart wait and if it was resolved in newer versions? I’m not able to find it in “bugs” searching for “smart wait”.

No, I don’t keep independent references to bugs…

Why not just post your issue?