Spy Web no longer allowing capture of objects in iframes

We currently use Katalon Studio as our test automation tool, but have noticed a strange behaviour lately.

I cannot continue my job and have to work on something else while awaiting your response

Windows 10

Katalon Studio Version - 7.9.1

Katalon Studio logs - Nothing is logged

When using Spy Web in either Chrome (Latest) or Firefox (Latest) I can capture objects in anything except objects in iframes. Nothing shows when I hover even before or after selecting an object.

Dan

I guess it has something to do with “iframe lazy loading” in Chrome/Firefox

Spy Web may miss timing to get access to the iframe content which is NOT loaded initially and lazily loaded later.

If Spy Web can launch browser with Page Load Strategy: “eager”, this will be fixed

@ThanhTo

Possibly you should put this to your backlog

It also happens when Chrome or Firefox page is already launched and fully loaded before I start Spy Web on the active page.

In Firefox, you cannot even record anything on an Active Browser. No Orange highlighted URL, No Capture key Help at the top. It is as if nothing is started.

In Firefox if I use a new Browser, it does highlight the URL in orange and displays the capture keys, but since the web application requires Active Directory NTLM login, it flashes the login and closes it before I can fill the fields (Username/Password).

Dan

@ThanhTo

Any comment?

No input from me, I’d relay this back to the team next week, which marks the end of the Lunar New Year holidays.

Well Chrome just updated again (Version 88.0.4324.182 (Official Build) (64-bit)), and I can now capture inside iframes on an active browser instance (I will have to read through the Chrome release notes), but Firefox is still not allowing any captures in an active browser instance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.