Sample usage of BrowserMob Proxy in Katalon Studio

How to post-process the HAR file as JSON using Jayway JsonPath

Additionally, I wanted to automate verifying the content of HAR file. I expect that the sample.har file contains a record of a HTTP request to a url that ends with jquery.min.js.

{
  "log": {
    "entries": [
      {
        "request": {
          "method": "GET",
          "url": "https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js",
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}

How can I do it?

There could be many ways to meet this requirement.

I tried to solve this problem using Jayway JsonPath library.

You can find my solution in the code of Test Cases/process_har_with_jsonpath.

The following screenshot shows how the demo TS1 runs with verifying HAR file.

verify HAR

The Test Case process_har_with_jsonpath verifies if the sample.har file contains a URL that ends with jquery.min.js. Of course you can modify the condition as you want. Please study the code and the Jayway JsonPath documentation.

How to import required jar files.

Katalon Studio does not bundle the jar files required to use the Jayway JsonPath. You need to import external jar files from Maven Central repository into the <projectDir>/Drivers folder. The following document explains how to do it:

To do this, you need to install Java and Gradle into your machine. The following post has an instruction how to:

Once you installed Java and Gradle, you want to write <projectDir>/build.gradle as follows:

plugins {
  id 'java'
  id "com.katalon.gradle-plugin" version "0.1.1"
}

repositories {
  mavenCentral()
}

dependencies {
  implementation group: 'com.jayway.jsonpath', name: 'json-path', version: '2.7.0'
  implementation group: 'org.slf4j', name: 'slf4j-api', version: '2.0.6'
  implementation group: 'org.slf4j', name: 'slf4j-simple', version: '2.0.6'
}

And you want to execute in the command line:

First, you want to change the current directory to the home directory of your Katalon project. For example:

$ cd ~/BrowserMobProxyInKatalonStudio

then you want to do:

$ gradle katalonCopyDependencies

then you will see some jar files are imported into the Drivers dir:

$ ls -ls Drivers
total 1240
drwxr-xr-x   8 kazuakiurayama  staff     256  2 11 11:55 .
drwxr-xr-x  31 kazuakiurayama  staff     992  2 11 11:21 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 kazuakiurayama  staff   29489  2 11 11:21 katalon_generated_accessors-smart-2.4.7.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 kazuakiurayama  staff  121790  2 11 11:21 katalon_generated_asm-9.1.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 kazuakiurayama  staff  271159  2 11 11:21 katalon_generated_json-path-2.7.0.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 kazuakiurayama  staff  119227  2 11 11:21 katalon_generated_json-smart-2.4.7.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 kazuakiurayama  staff   62531  2 11 11:21 katalon_generated_slf4j-api-2.0.6.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 kazuakiurayama  staff   15239  2 11 11:21 katalon_generated_slf4j-simple-2.0.6.jar

Now you are ready to run the Test Suites/TS1 which indirectly execute the Test Case ‘process_har_with_jsonpath’.