Sample Android Test Project

Hello, i’m trying to record and play the test case(Verify Correct Alarm Message) on an emulator i have on android studio. i want to know what are the configurations i should do in Katalon, such as desired capabilities and other configurations.
Thank you.

To record and play a test case on an Android emulator using Katalon Studio, you need to configure the Android Studio emulator and set up desired capabilities in Katalon Studio.

1. Configure Android Studio Emulator:
    * Make sure your Android Studio emulator has Android version 6.0 or above, as Katalon Studio only supports Android version 6.0 or above. Supported environment (Supported environments for Katalon Studio and Katalon Runtime Engine | Katalon Docs).
    * After choosing the system image, click Next. The Verify Configuration page appears.
    * Change the default name of your emulator if necessary, then click Finish. A new emulator appears in the Device Manager. Source ([Mobile] Configure Android Studio (Emulator) in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs)
  2. Set up Desired Capabilities in Katalon Studio:
    * Go to Project > Settings > Desired Capabilities > Mobile > Android.
    * Choose the device (emulator) from the Device Name dropdown list.
    * Click Add on the command toolbar to add a new capability.
    * Provide the Name, Type, and Value of the property that you wish to configure. Source (Set up Desired Capabilities in Mobile Testing in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs)After configuring the emulator and desired capabilities, you can start recording and playing the test case in Katalon Studio. To record a test case, follow these steps:
  1. Create a new test case: Go to File > New > Test Case.
  2. From the main toolbar in the blank test case page, click Record Mobile and select Android Devices. Source (Generate test scripts for a Progressive Web App using mobile recorder in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs)
  3. In the pop-up Mobile Recorder dialog, specify the information in the Configuration section, then click Start to begin recording the application under test (AUT). Source (Capture elements in hybrid Android apps in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs)After recording the test case, you can play it back in Katalon Studio.

Please let me know if this works for you.

2 Likes