Same named methods/keywords with different number of parameters

Heya,

We’ve created some keywords with the same name, but with different arguments, so (as it would in code) I am expecting it to treat them as different methods/keywords.

Both appear in the list of custom actions, but if I select either, it just defaults to the first version, and I cannot select the second version to add my arguments to.

E.g.

@Keyword
def selectRandomOption(TestObject to) {
// Code
}

@Keyword
def selectRandomOption(TestObject to, List<String> options) {// Code
}I can only select the first one where I can pass in a test object. The UI won't let me select the second one where I can also pass in a list.

Tom Longhurst said:

Heya,

We’ve created some keywords with the same name, but with different arguments, so (as it would in code) I am expecting it to treat them as different methods/keywords.

Both appear in the list of custom actions, but if I select either, it just defaults to the first version, and I cannot select the second version to add my arguments to.

E.g.

@Keyword

def selectRandomOption(TestObject to) {
// Code
}

@Keyword
def selectRandomOption(TestObject to, List options) {// Code
}I can only select the first one where I can pass in a test object. The UI won’t let me select the second one where I can also pass in a list.

Hey Tom,

It’s a known issue. Please switch to Script Mode and add the preferred custom keyword manually.

Sorry for the inconveniences,

Regards,
Liam