Reload Log Viewer

Hi,

I really like the Log View that I can select only specific types of views.
I wonder if I can reload existing logs back to the log viewer.
Or is there a way I can have the same view where I can select specific types of logs?

Thanks,
Jiho

Yes, but only from the current studio session. Bring up this window and select which “run” you want to view.

Sorry, I don’t understand your question.

Thank you for the quick reply!

So, it’s not possible to bring log file to the log viewer once I close my Katalon browser?

Is there any other approach to have the same ability as log viewer?

I really like the log type selection buttons.

You’re welcome.

I don’t think so. But if that is something you’d like to see in a future version, post a suggestion here: http://forum.katalon.com/c/katalon-studio/katalon-studio-feature-improvement-suggestions

Me too, but I use them quite differently. I post “special” messages to the WARNING log. When I run my test, I turn on Failed and Error and Warning (I keep Info, Passed and Not Run turned off). Then, the WARNING log contains all my special messages (which only make sense to me) plus any errors/failures that occur.

This is how you write to the warning log:

static void postWarningMessage(String msg) {
    KeywordLogger log = new KeywordLogger()
    log.logWarning("      " + msg)
  }

That’s a custom keyword method from a utilities class which I import “everywhere”. It looks like this:

In addition, I write much more detailed messages to the NOT RUN log using this code:

static void comment(String msg) {
    KeywordLogger log = new KeywordLogger()
    log.logNotRun('      ' + msg)
  }

which looks like this:

I also using warning as my personal loger. However I haven’t thought about using not run log type.
I appreciate for your shearing.

I will do post a suggestion on the reloading log to the viewer.

Thanks again!
Jiho

1 Like