Record Web: Browser binaries not found

Stefan Czogalla said:

Hi,

Introduction

For my bachelor-thesis I need to compare tools for automated testing on my company’s PC.

The issue

My firefox.exe and chome.exe are not installed in the default directory. They are portable versions located on their respective custom directory.

So, when I want to start the Web Recorder, using the respective Browser, I get an Error-Message, saying that the binary can not be found.

(e.g. “cannot find Chrome binary”)

What I tried:

Adding the Web Browsers under Window → Katalon Studio Preferences → General → Web Browser.

Setting Path to the binaries via cmd.exe

Unfortunately both ways did not work for me.

Additional information

• I have no rights to install any software on my PC

• System: Windows 7 64 Bit

• Katalon Studio Version 5.1.0

Possible Workaround

The only way, I can use the Web recorder is by using the respective browser extension and starting the recorder through the browser. But I don’t like this way very much.

My Question

Is there any other way, I can get Katalon Studio to find the browser binaries? In other tools I recently used (Selenium, Protractor) I can set the path to binary e.g. via the browser capabilities.

I hope I was able to explain my issue with my rudimentary english skills. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

You are doing it in a wrong location. It should be in Project → Settings → Execution → Default → WebUI → Chrome / Firefox

And for the key to add here:
1. Chrome:
Name: chrome.binary
Value: Path to your Chrome .exe file

2. Firefox:
Name:

Name: firefox_binary
Value: Path to your Firefox .exe file