Record/Spy change desiredCapabilities values sent to Appium ("shouldWaitForQuiescence")

Hi,

Having some problems with WDA I decided to update it to the latest version. (GitHub - facebookarchive/WebDriverAgent: A WebDriver server for iOS that runs inside the Simulator.)

Katalon Version : Katalon 5.4.1
Problem occurs with : Appium 1.6.5 / 1.7.x / 1.8

When launching the Record/Spy feature, it always takes from 5 to 10 min for Katalon to let me the possibility to control the application.

Appium stays blocked for 5 min at :

[JSONWP Proxy] Proxying [POST /session] to [POST http://localhost:52208/session\] with body: {“desiredCapabilities”:{“bundleId”:“..*”,“arguments”:,“environment”:{},“shouldWaitForQuiescence”:true,“shouldUseTestManagerForVisibilityDetection”:false,“maxTypingFrequency”:60,“shouldUseSingletonTestManager”:true}}

When using the official Appium 1.8.0 GUI app, it works fine and the only difference is based on the desiredCapabilities sent and more precisely on the “shouldWaitForQuiescence” attribute.

Log Katalon : {

"bundleId": "**.***.***",  "arguments": [],  "environment": {},  "shouldWaitForQuiescence": true,  "shouldUseTestManagerForVisibilityDetection": false,  "maxTypingFrequency": 60,  "shouldUseSingletonTestManager": true}

Desired Capabilities from Appium GUI : {

"clearSystemFiles": "true",  "wdaStartupRetryInterval": "1000",  "useNewWDA": "true",  "waitForQuiescence": "false",  "shouldUseSingletonTestManager": "false",  "bundleId": "**.***.***",  "platformName": "iOS",  "udid": "39f5164618f55da4d0df7022688dce14d1331acf",  "deviceName": "iPad *** **",  "automationName": "XCUITest"}

How/Where can I input the "waitForQuiescence" capabilityin Katalon to set it tofalse so that the previous POST request will include the "shouldWaitForQuiescence" set to false.

Thanks in advance for your help !

J.S

1 Like

Same problem +1

Any solution ?

You can set it in Project -> Settings -> Execution -> Mobile

Working fine thx !
Thought it was just for execution !