Queries around Email Configuration, Uploading reports to Katalon Analytics and VSTS integration

Hi All, I am new to Katalon Studio and I find it extremely useful in terms of learning automation. I have a few queries as mentioned below:

1. Email configuration for Office 365 with email id having organization domain
  2. I am unable to upload reports to Katalon Analytics automatically or manually. I tried sample test case execution report and still get the same error
  3. Is there a way to integrate to VSTS?

@S,

1. Project > Settings > Email

The “Recipients” email address should be what I would enter to send you an email…

Host: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
Username: <your_fully_qualified_email_address>
Password: <your_email_password>
Protocol: TLS
Encrypt authentication data: checked
Recipients: <your_email_address>
Click “Send test email” button…

1. Project > Settings > Integration > Katalon Analytics
    Navigate to “https://analytics.katalon.com” and log in > Create Project…

Enable Integration: checked
Server URL: https://analytics.katalon.com
Email: <Katalon_Studio_Account>
Password:
Click the “Connect” button

Team: <Team <Katalon_Studio_Account>
Project: Click “New Project” button or select Project name in list…

Thanks David…I have tried all these but none has worked for me.

1. For email config I get this message.

Email id is in xyz@organizationname.com format

2. I have created project in Katalon Analytics and can see it in Katalon Studio but I am unable to upload the reports neither automatically nor manually.
    It gives error with no details.

Can you please help resolve these?

Katalon_Email_Config.PNG

Katalon_Analytics_Report_Failure.PNG

1 Like

I also get “Unable to upload Report to Katalon Analytics” message with blank details.

1 Like

@4836-Alice,
@Vinh Nguyen,

Thoughts?

Is there any Katalon Studio logs here?

@Vinh Nguyen

This happens when I try to upload the logs manually. I have the automatic uploads to analytics switched off, but when I tried to upload some old test suite report is when I got this message.

Mate Mrse said:

@Vinh Nguyen

This happens when I try to upload the logs manually. I have the automatic uploads to analytics switched off, but when I tried to upload some old test suite report is when I got this message.

Hi Mate,

Would you please provide the app logs? Katalon team can further investigate the issue.

Thanks for your help,
Liam

@Liam B

Exactly what logs do you need?

This happens when I try to upload previously executed test suite records to Katalon Analytics. Are you interested in a particular report or what?

Mate Mrse said:

@Liam B

Exactly what logs do you need?

This happens when I try to upload previously executed test suite records to Katalon Analytics. Are you interested in a particular report or what?

Hi Mate,

The logs of Katalon Studio app that are saved on your local drive. You can find it at:

## Katalon Studio logs:

Windows (\config\.metadata\.log):

MacOS (file:///Applications/Katalon%20Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/log):

Best,

Liam

Attached.

.log

Don’t know if it is a lucky coincidence or what, but this issue seems to be fixed in version 5.5. beta!

1 Like