Project - Execution Settings - Notify Me

The User Guide shows a “Default Execution Settings” page as of January 26, 2018, related to Email Settings, that shows a “Notify me” checkbox…(see attached MS Word screenshot of the Default Execution Settings page)

There is likely an entry in the “C:\Users\\Katalon Studio\Test\settings\internal\com.kms.katalon.execution.properties” file in earlier versions of Katalon Studio, which may have persisted for users that had an older version of Katalon Studio installed on their PC…

My “C:\Users\\Katalon Studio\Test\settings\internal\com.kms.katalon.execution.properties” file does not have this entry, as it was apparently deprecated on the last versions of Katalon Studio that I have checked…

Can anyone please provide me with a copy, from their PC, of the entry that was associated with the “Notify me” checkbox from an earlier version of Katalon Studio?

It should be located near the following entries in the “C:\Users\\Katalon Studio\Test\settings\internal\com.kms.katalon.execution.properties” file:

execution.default.executionConfiguration=“IE”

execution.default.timeout=30

execution.default.openReportAfterExecuting=false

execution.default.quitDriversAfterExecutingTestCase=false

execution.default.quitDriversAfterExecutingTestSuite=true

It is likely in the form of:

“execution.default.=true”

I have made a number of guesses, but none have worked so far…

Thanks in advance…

Hi David

see attached MS Word screenshot of the Default Execution Settings page

?

I took a look anyway (since I’m still on 5.3.1) but there’s not sign of it.

Finally, I have identified a cause for the email notification failure!

News:
On Katalon Studio Windows 64 v5.4.1, if the Project Settings - Email - Report Format - “Include report as email attachment” check box is checked, no matter which additional check boxes are checked or unchecked (HTML file; CSV file; PDF file; Log files ), no email will be sent after a Test Suite is run…

The only way to receive an email after a Test Suite is run, is to avoid checking the Project Settings - Email - Report Format - “Include report as email attachment” check box…

Bad News:
Receiving an email with any attachment is currently not functioning on my PC…