Plug-in "org.eclipse.core.resources" error running tests from console mode on Windows

Test collections running as Windows Task Scheduler jobs starting failing with error in core plugin:

Delete folder: bin
Delete folder: Libs
Opening project file: D:\Katalon Test\Monitoring\Forms.prj
Parsing custom keywords in Plugins folder…
Generating global variables…

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2019-09-09 12:37:13.922
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.core.resources”.
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.NoDataDeltaNode cannot be cast to org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DataTreeNode
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:87)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:87)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.iterate(ElementTreeIterator.java:129)

When the executable terminates, an exit code of 2 is returned which indicates “execution has erroneous test cases”. These same collections will run successfully from Katalon Studio running on desktop of same Windows box.

I have reinstalled Katalon Studio from fresh download and refreshed all of the project files from repo, and test collections still fail with same stack trace. The failure is always after the “Generating global variables…” point in the log file.

There are 2 other posts in this forum but neither provide any insight into possible workable solutions. Again, these tests were running successfully from Task Scheduler on a regular schedule and started failing in the last 48hr.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Status update: this error was occurring for Katalon Studio 6.1.5, including a refreshed download/install. I’ve since downloaded and installed 6.3.3 and this problem was “resolved”. During my testing of 6.1.5, I turned OFF integration with Analytics to isolated the issue. Any insights into why latest version would fix this Java error would be helpful.

Thank you for letting us know. We didn’t find any similar item in our backlog.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.