Click on the link within a sentence for android mobile app

Hello,

Sentence: Please complete your profile here.
The link is applied on a “here” word.

Can anyone please guide me, how can I make it possible to click on the “here” link within a sentence “Please complete your profile here” ?

Hey @chaitrali, we probably need more information about your problems, like screenshots and execution steps. Follow this post to structure your question for others to help you better.

1 Like

Hi chen.lee,

Thank you for sharing details and guidance.
The information about my challenge is mentioned below:
Execution steps:

1. Launch mobile app in android device.
  2. See splash screen.
  3. Tap on here link within a sentence - Please complete your profile here.

Please find attached below snapahot:

1 Like

Well, I’m guessing you want your test case to click on the here link. Recommend using Mobile Object Spy to capture the object locator, documentation is here.

1 Like

Hi chen.lee,

Amazing documentation Locators and Object Identification | Katalon Docs, which you have shared.
The locators and object is captured for entire text, which is mentioned below:
Text - Please complete your profile here.
How can I get locators and object for here word ?

If it’s a link, click on it, and the Mobile Object Spy will capture the locator for you.

1 Like

Hi chen.lee,

Thanks for sharing the details.
It is a link on the word - here from the sentence - Please complete your profile here and Mobile Object Spy is not capturing the locators on the word here separately.
Is there any solution or work around ?

Show the list of objects and their properties that you manage to capture.

Hi chen.lee,

Please find list of objects and their properties that I manage to capture, which are mentioned into the below snapshot.

Thanks

Are you using a physical or a virtual device? And can you provide us with the app to test it?

Hi chen.lee,

I am using with virtual device. Sorry, I can not provide anyone to test with the app.
If you want to really test app using physical or virtual device, then install any native or web app. For example, LinkedIn.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks

We tested it on our virtual device, and it’s working fine. This is probably due to your app structure. Probably best to split the sentence “Please complete your profile here” into two separate objects/sentences to capture it separately.

Hi chen.lee,

I have used the best solution to split the sentence “Please complete your profile here” into two separate objects/sentences to capture it. That’s working now.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks
Chaitrali Gajjar

1 Like