Performing other actions during page submit

Hi,

I’m fairly new to Katalon Studio and need some assistance with a test case.
Basically, I’m opening a page, keying details, submitting the page, then opening a new window to perfrom actions on the new page which will result in the first page returning a result.

I can open the initial window and submit, but the script halts until it timeouts, and does not execute the further steps to open the new window and perform the actions needed for the first page.

The core to open the second window and swicthing back works ok if I leave out teh submit action.

What is the solution here?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Glenn

Can you share the part of your test code where you are submitting the form?

Hi,

Code as follows, last statement not executing because of previous statement which does a page submit;
Some URL details obfuscated.

WebUI.openBrowser(‘https://txclient-***********/php/index.php’)

WebDriver driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver()
JavascriptExecutor js = ((driver) as JavascriptExecutor)
js.executeScript(‘window.open();’)

WebUI.switchToWindowIndex(1)
WebUI.navigateToUrl(‘https://.com/’)
WebUI.setText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/VPED Tests/Page_************ - Web Enabled Device/input_Username_user’),
‘wpgtest’)
WebUI.setEncryptedText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/VPED Tests/Page_************ - Web Enabled Device/input_PIN_pin’),
‘4nvbrPglk7k=’)
WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/VPED Tests/Page_
* - Web Enabled Device/a_Login’))

WebUI.switchToWindowIndex(0)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Page_SOAP Operation Test Page - **********/Page_SOAP Operation Test Page - **********/div_Validate’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_SOAP Operation Test Page - ***********/Page_SOAP Operation Test Page - ****************/Page_SOAP Operation Test Page - *************/button_Perform’))

WebUI.switchToWindowIndex(1)

Regards,

Glenn

Hi,

Just to add that I’m also playing around with a test collection to run both cases in parallel.
Opens the first window closes, then opens the second. I need both windows active to run my test case.

Regards,

Glenn