Open Browser with Custom Profile

As for

this problem, in the selenium - WebDriverException: unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist while trying to initiate Chrome Browser - Stack Overflow discussion, the following was mentioned.

this can be caused by using a Chromedriver which does not support the version of the installed Chrome. This can happen, for example, if chrome is upgraded without upgrading Chromedriver. – expz Nov 29 '18 at 21:12

It implies, that the chromedirver bundled in the Katalon Studio might be too old to work with the current version of Google Chrome.

OK, let me check it.

My Environment

Katalon Studio version : 6.0.6 beta
chromedriver version: 2.43.600210
Chrome browser version: 72.0.3626.121

Required

Chrome Driver’s documentation ChromeDriver - WebDriver for Chrome - Downloads says

If you are using Chrome version 72, please download ChromeDriver 2.46 or ChromeDriver 72.0.3626.69"

Experiment

I downloaded the Chrome Driver 2.46 and installed into the Katalon Studio’s directory. I tried my test and found that the “DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist” problem disappeared.

Conclustion

The chromedrivers bundled in Katalon Studio 6.0.6 should be updated to the current releases.

1 Like