Obtaining a list of elements in a drop down

Hello,

I have items (checkboxes) that can be selected in one web page and based on that selection, those items appear in a drop down of another web page. What would be the best approach to script this? Thanks.

@mgrandillo
There are likely lots of ways you could do this. My thoughts are you can store the labels (or whatever your checkbox reference is) of the checkboxes in a List<String> and then when you are on the other web page, you can use WebUI.verifyOptionPresentByLabel() of all the references (probably in a loop) in the drop-down.

http://grails.asia/groovy-list-tutorial-and-examples

Ok i did it a different way using booleans. I dont need to check each element in the test case. The issue I encountered however is that when i pass a boolean variable in the test case script, which is used in a custom keyword, the correct boolean value is thrown in the custom keyword. However when i want to use that value returned in a call to another custom keyword from the main script, it gives me null. So it fails here…CustomKeywords.‘clientAccount.ClientAccount.getClientIdentityProviderList’(checkClientIdentityProvider)

Any ideas why i get a null value for the boolean?
This is the code.
//Main script
String integratorLink = “Object Repository/Page_Stratocast portal - Cloud administrators/IntegratorsLink”;
String clientsLink = “Object Repository/Page_Stratocast portal - Client accounts/span_Clients”
String accountName = “Object Repository/Page_Stratocast portal - Client accounts/accountName”
String integratorsHomeLink = “Object Repository/Page_Stratocast portal - Integrators/IntegratorsHomeLink”
Boolean checkClientIdentityProvider

WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase(‘Admission Authority/Admission Authority - Login - Organizational Account (750)’), [:], FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE)

//Select Integrator links

WebUI.click(findTestObject(integratorLink))

CustomKeywords.‘integrators.Integrators.filterIntegrator’(GlobalVariable.oldIntegratorName)

//GO to integrator edit page and edit the client identity provider list check box
CustomKeywords.‘integrators.Integrators.editIntegratorIdentityProviders’(checkClientIdentityProvider)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(integratorsHomeLink))

CustomKeywords.‘integrators.Integrators.filterIntegrator’(GlobalVariable.oldIntegratorName)

CustomKeywords.‘integrators.Integrators.navigateIntegratorAccountsPage’()

//Click on the clients link after selecting the integrator account to switch to
WebUI.click(findTestObject(clientsLink))

//Select the client account name to go into the client’s edit page
WebUI.click(findTestObject(accountName))

CustomKeywords.‘clientAccount.ClientAccount.getClientIdentityProviderList’(checkClientIdentityProvider)

//Keyword scripts
@Keyword
def editIntegratorIdentityProviders(checkClientIdentityProvider) {

WebUI.click(findTestObject(oldIntegratorNameLink))
	WebUI.scrollToElement(findTestObject(clientIdentityProviderList), 5)
	//WebUI.check(findTestObject(clientIdentityProviderList))

//Verify if yahoo provider is checked or not
	if (WebUI.verifyElementChecked(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Stratocast portal - Massimo2.3_Train09 - Edit/YahooCheckBox'), 5, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)){
		//uncheck the yahoo provider
		WebUI.uncheck(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Stratocast portal - Massimo2.3_Train09 - Edit/YahooCheckBox'))
		checkClientIdentityProvider = false

}
	else {
		WebUI.check(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Stratocast portal - Massimo2.3_Train09 - Edit/YahooCheckBox'))
		checkClientIdentityProvider = true

}

//click on save button
	KeywordUtil.markPassed("checkIdentityProvider = " + checkClientIdentityProvider)
	WebUI.click(findTestObject(saveButton))
	return checkClientIdentityProvider

}

@Keyword
def getClientIdentityProviderList(checkClientIdentityProvider) {
WebUI.scrollToElement(findTestObject(replaceAdministratorButton), 5)
WebUI.click(findTestObject(replaceAdministratorButton))

//Select identity provider list
	WebUI.click(findTestObject(adminIdentityProvider))
	KeywordUtil.markPassed("checkIdentityProvider = " + checkClientIdentityProvider)
	if (checkClientIdentityProvider){

if(WebUI.verifyOptionPresentByLabel(findTestObject(adminIdentityProvider), 'Yahoo!', false, 10, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)){
		  KeywordUtil.markPassed("Yahoo! account provider was added from the client service provider list")
	  }
	  else {
		  KeywordUtil.markFailed("Yahoo! account provider was not added from the client service provider list")
	  }
	}
	else {
		if (WebUI.verifyOptionNotPresentByLabel(findTestObject(adminIdentityProvider), 'Yahoo!', false, 10, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)){
			KeywordUtil.markPassed("Yahoo! account provider was removed from the client service provider list")
		}
		else {
			KeywordUtil.markFailed("Yahoo! account provider was not removed from the client service provider list")
		}
	}

You create the boolean variable in your program (unassigned) and you pass the boolean variable into the Keyword. To collect the result back you can try:

checkClientIdentityProvider = CustomKeywords.'integrators.Integrators.editIntegratorIdentityProviders'(checkClientIdentityProvider)

Or create a boolean GlobalVariable, or a static boolean variable or define the boolean variable with the def identifier and pass that into the Keyword, like below.

def checkClientIdentityProvider = true;

CustomKeywords.'integrators.Integrators.editIntegratorIdentityProviders'(checkClientIdentityProvider)

then the variable should work.

Super, thank you :slight_smile: