Objects not being found

Since yesterday tests that were successfully run for a number of months have started to fail, any object which we have identified using xpath or attributes is not found and the ‘select option by value’ can now no longer find the values. All saved objects are the same as they were but just now cannot be located. We have tried different versions of katalon to see if was because of a certain version, all with the same result, we are on Chrome 76.0.3809.100 if that helps

1 Like

It sounds like to me you have moved some of your objects around or made changes to some of your folders, are you recieving a null pointer exception by any chance? This seems to be the most likely cause of your problem.

1 Like

I get this, which tbh is not something i understand

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.VerifyElementTextKeyword.verifyElementText(VerifyElementTextKeyword.groovy:72)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.VerifyElementTextKeyword.execute(VerifyElementTextKeyword.groovy:40)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.verifyElementText(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:3663)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$verifyElementText$4.call(Unknown Source)
at 16-18_Price_Check_Anybus.run(16-18_Price_Check_Anybus:66)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestCaseMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:133)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestSuiteMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:116)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.execute(TestSuiteExecutor.java:83)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.startTestSuite(TestCaseMain.java:157)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestSuite1565690023112.run(TempTestSuite1565690023112.groovy:35)

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: script returns unexpected result

1 Like

I have the same issue. I didnt change any object name / paths. I can run some of the test on Firefox and it works just fine.

Im not sure if it has something to do with the Chrome web driver…

Current Chrome Version is 76.0.3809.100.
Most current Chrome Driver is 76.0.3809.68

Not sure if thats the issue or not.

I am facing the same issues where getting msg xpath or attributes is not found.
Previously scripts working fine with the google chrome 75 version but started getting error after upgrade from 75 to 76.0.3809.100 , also tried with provided solutions (settings changes, automatically update webdriver but could not help.

I’m also having issues after updating to the latest Katalon build. Nothing was changed or moved around. Tests were running fine last week and then today it fails out of the blue.

Sounds like (at least some of) you may be having issues with the built-in chromedriver.exe packaged with your Katalon Studio version going out of the range of Chrome versions that it supports. Try enabling auto-updates from Katalon Preferences->Katalon->Web UI, restarting katalon, and running your tests again.

Enabled Auto Update and Restarted Katalon. Still having the issue.

We have managed to get most of it running now in firefox

The only way I got Katalon to work again was by reverting Chrome and Webdriver to v74. Unfortunately this isn’t an ideal solution, but it works.

Thanks Daniel. we have moved over to firefox, which is still not performing perfectly but enough at present. The way our IT works will not let us downgrade, but thatnks for the knowledge

We are having the same issue. Its very frustrating that none of our test cases not longer works on Chrome.

Since this is affecting a number of users after performing an upgrade of KS, shout out for @devalex88 @ThanhTo @duyluong

Can you shed some light on this error, please?

So I noticed theres ChromeDriver 76.0.3809.126

I updated my driver and I still have the issue.

Also with the auto update it seems like its not detecting the new driver updating it manually and using the automatic update.

chromedriverVersion: 76.0.3809.68 < It seems to be using this still.

I disabled Automatically update WebDriver under Preferences -> Katalon -> Web UI and now the chromedriver is not downloaded into resources/temp/webdriver/

@daniel.natali Can you manually add the required chrome driver based on your chrome version.

Please see this topic

I’ve added manually 76.0.3809.126 with my chromeversion 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Starting ChromeDriver 76.0.3809.126 (d80a294506b4c9d18015e755cee48f953ddc3f2f-refs/branch-heads/3809@{#1024}) on port 12920

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.