Object is null whenever I choose Merge or Create or Replace

Hello all :slight_smile:

I need your precious help

Problem is that when I play my sequence, whenever I choose « Merge »,
or « Create » or « Replace » new generated Objects, problem
will always result the following :

(Stack trace:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object
(Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Object is null)

I always need to each time fully manually delete my concerned
Object Repository folder and then delete all my TC steps and begin from zero
again.

Can someone please explain me why ? I begin to be a bit
crazy there because of that :frowning:

I tried to have cleanest work possible (for each TC, its own
OR folder), but even with that, same problem.

Many thanks in advance for your answers

Best, B)

I suggest you read this discussion about using the Object Repository: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/5852/using-waitforelementpresent-without-an-object/p1.

1 Like

Interesting, so if I understand well, best solution was achieved by “build ONE object and reuse it over and over by modifying it with WebUI.modifyObjectProperty.”.

I was firstly doing that way during my KS beginning, but I ended up using that due to many issues.
I just retried now to be sure, but when I choose the only item on my OR folder, it does not work and same initial problem.

Any other idea ?

Don’t know what many issues you had with doing so, but for me personally this was a big time saver and the Object Repository is almost empty now.

If you can identify your object with css, it is very simple to create it in the script:
https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Creation+of+Test+Object+in+Object+Repository+in+Runtime

1 Like

Ok I just solved my issue, it was very easy: I just added a “Delay” of 3 seconds before my suite, and it made the trick, because I didn’t checked but there was a little confirmation pop-up on my website that I test which stay for 3 seconds about previous confirmation, so I guess KS was a bit perturbed due to this pop-up to do the suite.

Also, I just gav another try with stan alone objects and it looks working well finally, so I definitely agree with you @Mate Mrse it is a time saver and also better for organization.

Many thanks,
Cheers’