Not able to tap on keyboard next/return button on android

none of this is working on me

maybe I need to change device to newer android version

but thank you Sir

Hi @khadapynurhuda

I’m sorry it’s not working for you, that’s frustrating. It would definitely be worth trying a newer device or emulator to see if the handling of the keys are any different.

– Chris

Do we have any iOS specific instructions to follow. If yes please suggest here.

Hi @Puntoed,

Typically, iOS apps will have a “Done” or “Next” button on the keyboard toolbar (these must be added by the developers, if I recall). You can then treat these as normal buttons and interact with them how you would with other buttons in Katalon tests.

Additionally, I work on an open source project which adds some convenience functions to Katalon tests. In your case, there are keyboard handling functions for nextField and hideKeyboard:

Hope this helps,

Chris

Thank you for the suggestions. For Hide Keyboard we are tapping outside and closing keyboard.

For Tapping return button , We don’t have Done or Next button. It has Search button it gets enabled after value in the text box. I am attaching the image for your reference.

Hi @Puntoed,

You could try using the following Appium functions to access the Search button on the keyboard:

import com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.internal.MobileDriverFactory
import io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver
import io.appium.java_client.remote.HideKeyboardStrategy

IOSDriver<?> driver = MobileDriverFactory.getDriver()
driver.hideKeyboard(HideKeyboardStrategy.PRESS_KEY, "Search")

Hope this helps,

Chris

I have to perform this pressure:
driver.longPressKeyCode(285)

It’s keycode of a trigger button on Zebra Android smartphone, the issue is that action is not working probably because no enum value in KeyCode is related…

Is there anyone can help me?