'No Driver Found' is causing scripts failure

Most of the mobile scripts are getting failed because appium server is not being started on time. Script failure error says - ‘No driver found’. It’s happening 5-6 times out of 10.

Can anyone please suggest the fix?

Please post more details related to your issue: http://forum.katalon.com/categories/katalon-studio-bug-reports

Hi @Zarashima!
Is there any update on this issue?

I am facing the same problem. (Katalon version 6.1.0)

Thanks!

Hi @murray,

Can you verify what version of Appium you’re using? It’s recommended that you use Appium Server 1.8.1 for Android and Appium Server 1.8.2-beta for iOS testing. Note that these are not the same versions as Appium Desktop, for which you’d need 1.6.3.

Here are some more troubleshooting tips for mobile:

If you continue to have issues, can you please provide some more details:

• Operating system of your computer (Windows 10, MacOS 10.13)
  • Device type (Android/iOS + physical/simulator)
  • Device OS version (Android 8.1, iOS 12.2)
  • Version of Xcode (if applicable)
  • Appium version (can get this using appium -v from the command line)
  • Katalon Studio version
  • A description of what you’re trying to to do when you get the failure
  • Screenshots of the failure
  • Any log output from the Katalon Studio console

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen I am facing the same issue and i raised issue Android Test execution issues .

Katalon version - 6.2.1 build 2
Device Type: Physical device - Samsung Tab
Android Version: 5.1
Appium version : 1.13.0

Logs just say : No driver found. Please see screenshot attached in the link. Thanks.
Any solution will be helpful.Thanks

Hi @abirami,

One thing you could try is to downgrade to Appium 1.12.1, since I don’t think 1.13 is supported by Katalon Studio yet:

npm install -g appium@1.12.1

Hope this helps,

Chris

I tried downgrading appium to 1.12.1 version. This did not help either.

Hi @abirami,

If this is not the same issue in the other thread then could you share what your “Appium Directory” is set to for Katalon Studio->Preferences->Katalon->Mobile ? I want to make sure that the Appium directory is pointing to the right spot.

– Chris

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen It is set to C:\Users\abirami\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium. However the issue is same as the one in other thread. Changing my code to not to uninstall on every testcase and use existing app already installed in the device helped.Thanks