Today we’re releasing a new version of Katalon Studio with new changes, features and improvements below.
From version 8.5.0 onwards, Katalon Studio has two editions: Katalon Studio - Standalone Edition and Katalon Studio - Platform Edition.
The Katalon Studio - Platform Edition is a component of the Katalon Platform - a modern, comprehensive quality management platform that enables teams to efficiently test, launch, and optimize testing without any complicated setup. With the platform solution, test automation teams can collaborate, manage, scale, and continuously improve testing operations. See About Katalon Platform.
Katalon Studio - Platform Edition and Standalone Edition share most of their features. When they do, the documentation only mentions “Katalon Studio”. When they do not, the documentation will specify which Edition that feature is available for: either “Katalon Studio - Standalone Edition”, or “Katalon Studio - Platform Edition”.
- [Dynamic Test Suite] In the Query Provider of the dynamic test suite, added the Built-in Search option. See Dynamic Test Suite.
- Added Chrome 105 compatibility.
- Added Edge 105 compatibility.
- Introduced a new dialog to open a project and removed the option to create a new project in Katalon Studio. Katalon TestOps and Git integration are required to open a project in Katalon Studio. See Open a project in Katalon Studio - Platform Edition.
- In Project Settings > Project Information, added the information of TestOps Server URL, Repository URL, and Project Type. You can now change your project type to test different types of applications in the same project. See View and edit your project information in Katalon Studio - Platform Edition.
- In Project Settings, removed the TestOps screen. Katalon TestOps is now enabled by default for every user, except for On Premise license and offline activation.
- On the main toolbar, clicking on the TestOps icon navigates you to the Project Settings > Project Information screen.
- In the Generate Command for Console Mode dialog, removed the option to override TestOps project ID. See Command Builder in Katalon Studio.
- In Katalon Studio - Platform Edition, Git integration is always enabled by default. You cannot disable Git integration in Katalon Studio - Platform Edition. See Git integration in Katalon Studio - Platform Edition.
- Introduced an option to log in to the Git account in the profile dropdown list. This option is helpful when your Git personal access token expires. See Log in to Git account in Katalon Studio - Platform Edition.
- Removed the option to clone Git project and import keywords from Git.
- Running in debug mode does not automatically export basic reports (HTML, PDF, CSV).
- Removed the ability to export reports manually.
- Running in debug mode does not automatically send execution results to Katalon TestOps.
When working with Git on Katalon Studio Platform Edition running on Virtual Machine with Linux, you might encounter this error message: “Failed to write credentials for to secure store. No secure storage modules found.”
Workaround: Katalon team is going to fix this issue in upcoming releases. For the time being, there are two solutions to this limitation:
On your Linux machine, open Git on a browser. Copy and paste your script changes into your file in Git on the browser, then commit changes.
Copy your current project on your Linux or Windows machine, then use independent Git to commit changes.
Katalon Community team