[New Release] Katalon Studio 8.3.0

Hello Community Members! :wave: Today we’re releasing Katalon Studio version 8.3.0 with a number of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes! :grin:

Download it here: Katalon Studio 8.3.0

What’s new?

New features

Enhancements

• [Security Compliance] Upgraded Log4j to version 2.17.1.

• [Katalon Gradle Plugin] Supported Gradle 7 and the latest com.github.jengelman.gradle.plugins:shadow v7.1.2+ to prevent Log4Shell vulnerabilities. See Develop a custom keywords plugin.

• Added Microsoft Edge (Chromium) 99 and Chrome 100 compatibility.

• [DDT Reports] Added an option to differentiate iteration names with the chosen variable in the test suite HTML reports and the Test Case Table. See Specify iteration names in data-driven testing reports.

• [Katalon Platform] Enhanced TestCloud and TestOps integration.

• [Email Settings] Enhanced email reports for test suites and test suite collections. See Email Settings.

• [Mobile] Added Send Keys, Take Screenshot, Switch To Web View, Switch To Native in Available Actions for Mobile Recorder Utility. See Available Actions.

• Enhanced third-party tools and iOS dependencies installation. See [Mobile] iOS setup.

• [API Testing] Added the Import Postman option in the Tests Explorer panel and the main menu bar. See Import from Postman.

For more detail, check out our release notes at the Katalon documentation page: Release Notes Version 8.3.0.

Note:
At the moment, there’re two security vulnerabilities:

You can find detailed information and workaround for these issues at Known security issues. We are planning for fixes in upcoming releases.

Happy testing! :v:
Katalon Team.

6 Likes

Hi @Katalon_team @kazurayam @Russ_Thomas is this bug Email Recipients Delimiter fixed as part of 8.3 release …The Enhanced Email Setting in katalon 8.3.0 is not properly working. when i tried to configure email body with the help of global variable i faced this error - when i set single email on global variable (Receipents - abc@gmail.com) it works fine but when i tried to add multiple email (Receipents - abc@gmail.com; xyz@gmail.com) It throws an error like invalid character ; at 14th place . what i should do to differentiate the multiple emails that i am passing through global variable ?