[New Release] Introducing GPT-powered manual test generation for Atlassian Jira

social post

Hi Community members, :wave:

Software delivery is crucial for all business needs of organizations, but traditional software testing methods, such as manual testing and automated test scripting, are slow, costly, and ineffective. They fail to detect and fix defects that affect software performance and delivery speed.

But all that is about to change. Today we are thrilled to announce the first of many upcoming GPT(Generative Pre-trained Transformer)-enabled features: manual test generating in Atlassian Jira, powered by Generative AI and Katalon TestOps’ integration. This new feature enables Jira users to generate test steps from a single button click within Jira issues.

How it works

The manual test generator parses and analyzes the Jira ticket’s description, extracts relevant information about software testing requirements, and outputs a set of comprehensive manual test cases tailored to the described test scenario. Developers, product owners, or QA team members can easily, and very early in the development pipeline, begin to create and collaborate on testing efforts for new and existing features.

Getting started

To get your hands on this new feature, simply register for Katalon TestOps (it’s free) and try out GPT Manual Test Generation for free along with all the other powerful planning, organizing, and reporting and analysis features of TestOps. Click on the button below to get started! :point_down:

If you already use TestOps, then you can follow this link to set up the Jira Integration.

Katalon’s Jira integration also enables:

• Automated test result reporting and executions and screenshots attached

• Requirements mapping with test cases and advanced Test Coverage

• Release Readiness Reports

• More collaboration and feedback between testing activities and development streams

For more information about these new features, what it can do, and how you and your team will benefit from it, please visit our blog post below. :point_down:

4 Likes

:information_source: For a step-by-step guide on how to configure and get start with the GPT-powered Manual Test Case Generation with Jira feature, please see the documentation below…

https://docs.katalon.com/docs/organize/integration-for-organizing-tests/jira-integration/generate-manual-test-cases-with-jira-integration

Feel free to let us and our product team know if you have any questions about this new feature below :point_down:

I’d love to see/try this out, but Jira is not part of my stack/toolchain. I don’t see a need to include it either.

I noticed this in the linked blog entry:

We are thrilled to announce the first of many upcoming GPT-enabled features

Will any of those upcoming GPT-enabled features be pure-native Katalon features?

Hi could you give some example of how the ticket details should look like since I with this simple one and still it not show anything

Blockquote
As a registered user, I want to be able to update my profile picture so that I can personalize my account.

Acceptance Criteria:

• The user should be able to upload a new profile picture from their device or choose an existing image from their gallery.

Yes! Don’t miss the announcements for the next couple of months.

2 Likes

Hi @timcarter9307 ! Due to some usage surge, we did experience a few hours where the service was very unreliable. But we worked on it and if you try again now, it should work :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there, just wondering if this feature is free for all Katalon users? And is there any plans to implement it in your current pricing plans?

Thanks.

Do I have to install anything before using the feature like an additional library or any other dependencies?

just curious, how this feature different to what Katalon’s competitors are doing? Will there be any sort of comparison?

Hi there,

Thank you for your question. Our Manual Test Generation feature in Jira will be free during the beta version, and we do not have any plan to implement it in any of our current pricing plans yet.

Please keep coming back to our forum to get the latest updates on our upcoming GPT-enabled features :smile:

Hi,

Yes, please refer to our documentation below for a step-by-step guide on how to get this feature up and running :point_down:

Hi there @Babu,

That is a good question. Our Katalon Manual Test Case Generator is designed to optimize QA workflow by saving time in creating manual test instructions thanks to GPT technology.

We are always on the look out for feedback and suggestions so that we can deliver better products and experiences to you and many other Katalon users. Hence, if during your usage, you notice a bug, or you have a suggestion for enhancements or new features, don’t hesitate to let our Product team know by creating a topic in #feedback-reviews

Thanks.

1 Like

Just to be clear, it is free :smiley: please give it a try and let us know what you think

1 Like

Long story short, you just need to install the Jira add-on here to use the feature. Don’t forget to configure the necessary options for Katalon in your Jira project settings.

Any AI integration with Azure DevOps or TargetProcess? Since we dont have Jira

1 Like

Hi @naomy.arnold,

Welcome to Katalon Community! And thank you very much for your question!

I believe @anh.chu can help to answer your question.