Global Forum Rules

[UPDATED 2022/05/25]
This topic has been replaced by our newer Community Guidelines.

1 - NEW MEMBERS TAKE NOTE

For a short period after you first signup to the Katalon Forum, all NEW USERS should expect a short delay while their posts are ratified by members of staff and/or moderators. This is to avoid SPAM from unwelcome and unfriendly visitors.

1. Please be patient. We are working hard on your behalf. Someone will attend to your post(s) soon.

2. Don’t post the same post again trying to get through.This causes extra work for us. The extra post needs to be flagged, a moderator needs to send a message to you to inform you of your error and then the post needs to be deleted.

So please… DON’T POST THE SAME QUESTION TWICE in a matter of minutes – once is enough! We will get to it as soon as we can. Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!

2 - Subjects covered in Katalon forum:

1. All Topics and All Discussions should be in plain and friendly English.

2. Discussions in Katalon forum must be either asking or answering questions about the use of these products: Katalon Studio, Katalon Analytics, and Katalon Recorder.

3. If you post any questions, answers, or discussions which are irrelevant to the above products, then Katalon staff will close the discussion and remove your post.

4. Do not post gripes and complaints about your disagreement with Katalon’s published articles, standards and sales related materials. If you make ANY post that is:

 – Not a question.
     – Not a proposed solution
     – Not in any way applicable to the thread in which it is posted
     – or otherwise unhelpful to the community

expect your post to be deleted without further explanation. This is the explanation.

This community is for discussion of problems and solutions, nothing else. If you have genuine business concerns, direct your message by email to business@katalon.com.

3 - Spam

• If you have been a member for < one day

• If your topic post or reply contains no text referring to Katalon products

• If your post contains a link to any website unrelated to helping users with testing

Expect your post to be deleted without warning and expect your account to be closed. We have zero tolerance toward spammers.

4 - Rules for posting BUGS:

You need to follow rules from this topic.

5 - Rules for posting QUESTIONS and ISSUES:

1. TITLES - DO NOT USE ALL CAPS - shouting has no effect and will not get you a response any quicker.

2. To get the fastest possible answer to your problem, you should follow this advice.

3. Learn how to paste code correctly so that your post is formatted nicely:

6 - Rules for posting a new feature/suggestion: -------------------------------------------
  1. Titles should be simple, clear, and easy to understand.

2. Describe how these features can improve Katalon products (Katalon Studio, Katalon Analytics, Katalon Recorder) or why the current features need to be updated.

3. Adding pictures and videos is available to support your requests.

4. Impress us with your ideas. If you have thoughts on how this can be implemented, feel free to let us know as well.

5. This category is only for requesting features. DO NOT post any bugs or issues under this category.

6. Please provide as many details possible in your suggestion, to help us understand your suggestion better and save us time to get back to you.

7 - Posting a new discussion or replying to an existing one

1. First, before posting a new discussion or replying to an existing one, please use the Search function. If you can’t find any relevant discussion, please continue to read to learn how to correctly post about your concern.

2. Create only one new discussion for each problem you need help with.

3. If you are going to post an issue, please use this template.

4. Any new discussion must be posted in the appropriate category.

5. Only post on older existing discussions if they are the exact same topic as your concern. If in doubt, create a new topic.

8 - Images and other media

You can add images or videos of your computer screen to help explain your problem using Katalon. Inappropriate media will be removed.

9 - Sensitive information

Do not post any sensitive information. Katalon staff will remove personal information from your posts to protect your privacy and the privacy of others.

10 - Links

1. Link to content rather than posting it in its entirety, unless you are the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder.

2. Do not post direct links to executable files. Moderators may remove these links to protect users from potentially malicious downloads. (You can post a link to the webpage that contains the file download but it may also be removed if Katalon staffs finds that the web page content could be harmful or if the web page link is spam.)

11 - Language and Conduct

1. Do not use obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or excessively violent language.

2. Treat everyone with respect.

3. Be courteous.

4. Be nice.

5. Show your appreciation and give thanks to the people that try to help you using their own free time.

6. Use the Like button >>> :heart: . People like getting likes :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7. When someone posts a solution to your problem, mark the post as a SOLUTION using the Solution checkbox image .

That’s it. Have fun and happy testing!

Editors: @Vinh_Nguyen @Russ_Thomas

29 Likes

Great!!

UPVOTE AND SOLUTION

Another note would be to remember to use the UPVOTE button for your favorite comment and Mark SOLUTION for the best answer to your question. This way when people come across your topic in the future, its much easier to navigate through the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Methinks you should read it again, Harry.

1 Like

Ummmmmm :laughing::laughing::blush:

Great!!!

Nice to meet you.

it’s simple thank u

1 Like

Thanks…

A post was split to a new topic: Implicit Wait Issue

Question: if the topic was closed previously, but it was about we don’t have integration with something. And since it is closed I cannot reply to it, but post was from 2018, therefor I wanted to know if Katalon still doesn’t have the integration with that tool or not.
What should I do? Open post with new same topic or not (as it does break rule 1).

You are right - the bulleting could be clearer. The whole section is about the content of the first bullet point which should therefore be a leading paragraph, not a bullet.

Go ahead and make your post - it is not affected by Rule 1.

such a good information provide us. It’s hard to
find good quality writing like yours these days.
I seriously appreciate people like you.
everygadgetshop

1 Like

Hi, I m working on a katalon presentation internally into my company. They might sign for some Katalon licenses at the end of the presentation. But to be able to do a proper presentation I need to be able to run Katalon runtime Engine at least for a month. My license doesn’t enable that. Is that possible to upgrade it so I would be able to finalise my demo. My account is under “jcayrouse@orange.fr”.

@johann.cayrouse

In your case, I think it’s best to send an email to business@katalon.com describing your situation. There are dedicated resources that provide you with support on POC and demo.

thank you ,i know

Thank’s for rules

ok gotcha !! We get it.