Mouse Over not working

Create another test object in your object repository and add the xpath there and call it in your script.

@anuradha the system does not find it.

xpath : image

you should put it where its written selector locator

i already put it in the selector field, but not working too.

what error you getting and show me the path of your object in the ui

error : image

ok just right click on new and paste the xpath i gave you in the inspector and let me know what you get.
Something like this i just did in google.com

I need to see all the 3 info like in the screenshot.

Also show me your object repository path. I am pretty much not convinced that you are clicking on the right object. Just right click and copy the path and paste here

i have this :

@anuradha i solve the issue with this xpath :image

Does it mouseover?

yes i just right click > inspect element > copy xpath > past it in selector in katalon and call it.

After you copy that xpath you need to modify it to make it strong enough so that in the long run if one if the element is removed it wont break the test. Coying the xpath directly from devtools and using in tests is not a good practice

yeah i see, but where is devtools in katalon

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Common_questions/What_are_browser_developer_tools

When you do inspect element and the window that opens containing your code, network etc is called dev tools.

1 Like

And this also may help you: https://www.guru99.com/xpath-selenium.html

1 Like

thank you again to be here

Hi @anuradha
Could you please help me with my problem?

Problem:
I want to mouse over on top navigation which opens a dropdown, mouse over on one element from a dropdown which opens another dropdown, clicking one element from second dropdown.

So I am not able to mouse over on dropdown 's element . It is working fine in chrome but not in Firefox

Here is my script:
WebUI.mouseOver(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Homepage Anonymous/Browse Products/mouseOver Browse Products’))

WebUI.mouseOver(findTestObject(‘Homepage Anonymous/Browse Products/mouseOver_abc’)) - this is not working in firefox

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Homepage Anonymous/Browse Products/Click xyz’))

Closing this topic. @neha.arora please post your question in it’s own topic. Thank you.