Mobile.StartApplication does not update to new app on iOS

I have a test to update the app on both Android and iOS.
Android is working fine but iOS never updates the app.
The test is quite simple. I’m installing an older app version, signing up and then installing a newer app version. Once the test is finished I noticed that on Android I am on the newer app version but on IOS I am still on the older app version.

'Install and start old app'
if (Mobile.verifyMatch(GlobalVariable.platform, '.*iOS_local.*', true, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)) {
    Mobile.startApplication('/Users/X/Downloads/2.0.ipa', true)
} else if (Mobile.verifyMatch(GlobalVariable.platform, '.*Android_local.*', true, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)) {
    Mobile.startApplication('/Users/X/Downloads/2.0.apk', true)
}

'sign-up via debug menu'
Mobile.callTestCase(findTestCase('19_DebugMenu/19_EmailLoginToTopicList'), [:], FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

'Update to newer app version'
if (Mobile.verifyMatch(GlobalVariable.platform, '.*iOS_local.*', true, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)) {
    Mobile.startApplication('/Users/X/Downloads/3.0.ipa', false)
} else if (Mobile.verifyMatch(GlobalVariable.platform, '.*Android_local.*', true, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)) {
    Mobile.startApplication('/Users/X/Downloads/3.0.apk', false)
}

I am using Katalon 8.6.8 on macOS Monterey 12.3.1.

Is this a known issue with the Mobile.StartApplication function on iOS?
Does anyone have a workaround or a fix for this please?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Hi @cristina,

Welcome to our community. This issue is quite weird. Can you please help try with the latest KS version and lemme know if it cannot

Hi @Elly_Tran!

Thank you for looking into this!
I can’t update right now because I don’t have a licence yet and I would lose access to my custom keywords.
I am using KS 8.6.

Hi,

Your purpose is to customize the script, which we do not support. Hope this can help. thank you

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by ‘customising the script’.

I’m using the same command twice in the same test case on the same device to install different app versions.

It works perfectly on Android but not at all on iOS.

The first time uninstallAfterCloseApp is set to true to have a fresh install and the second time it is set to false to over install thus to update the app version.