Manual selection is giving incomplete path

When seleting objects for tests it filles in the code with.
Windows.setText(findWindowsObject(‘LoginScreen/OperatorId’),

however when running i get the following result.

2019-12-05 14:49:23.518 WARN c.k.k.c.t.i.i.WindowsObjectRepository - Cannot find test object with id ‘LoginScreen/OperatorId’ because of 'org.dom4j.DocumentException: C:\Users\leen0\Katalon Studio\TestMpos\LoginScreen\OperatorId.wrs (The system cannot find the path specified) Nested exception: C:\Users\leen0\Katalon Studio\TestMpos\LoginScreen\OperatorId.wrs (The system cannot find the path specified)'
2019-12-05 14:49:23.717 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - :x: Test object cannot be null (Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Test object cannot be null

However when i copy the object id with the object repository i get the following
Object Repository/LoginScreen/OperatorId

When looking for the file path speficied i can see that the Object Repository/LoginScreen/OperatorId.wrs exists.

When I replace the ids via the script editor the test pass.

Hi @ryan.leenay,

We will check this issue. Thanks for your report.

The behavior seemed to begin after i had added enough folders to the object repository. Any change this is triggering a change in storage but not a change in IDs.

Importantly when i create a recorded desktop test it will generate the full path.
“Object Repository/AutoTests/Edit” in the script.
However when i reselect the same object in the recorded test it sets it to
“AutoTests/Edit”

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.