I’ve been using Kantalon Recorder & Playback mainly to avoid repeating the same boring typing & clicking of different webapp pages. I also use another Chrome extension (FormFiller) to input semi random data. However, Katalon doesn’t record the values that FormFiller has filled in.
So for this use case I don’t care about the “tests” being “repeatable”. This is my intended workflow:
- Manually open browser, log in to app, navigate to specific page
- Press Record on Katalon Recorder
- Press “FormFiller” button to automatically fill the form fields
- Manually fill in some other specific fields. Click around
- Save the test case
I’d use Katalon Studio data-driven tests feature, but because it only playback from a “new browser window” I can’t use my current session (Step 1 of my workflow).
- Is there any way to make Katalon Recorder actually record the data input by FormFiller extension?
- OR make Katalon Studio use my current Browser window?