Local Variable is not populating

Upgraded Katalon Studio to Version: 5.8.3

Local Variable is not populating . Prior to this version it was working perfect. Can any one assist me on this?

image.png

I do not understand what you mean.

You attached a screenshot where a variable named “strKeys” having value “a”. It looks “populated”. So what is your problem?

kazurayam said:

I do not understand what you mean.

You attached a screenshot where a variable named “strKeys” having value “a”. It looks “populated”. So what is your problem?

When I changed the Value Type to “Variable”; default value “a” get displayed.

Below are details for the above case.
1. Under Local Variable I have created Variable named dummyText

2. In Manual Mode; I added Set Text and then click on the Input cell to bind the Variable.
3. On Input dialog; I changed the Value Type to “Variable”; Click on value; data is not populated i.e. dummyText is not populated.

Capture.PNG

I am seeing this too. I am at 5.8.6.

I tried to reproduce your problem on my side.

I used Katalon Studio ver 5.7.1

1. I created a TestCase named “ValidLoginTest”
  2. In the Variables tab of the “ValidLoginTest”, I created a variable named “dummyText” as deepak showed.
  3. In the Manual view of the “ValidLoginTest”, I added a line of “Set Text” command. I click on the Input cell to bind the Variable.
  4. On Input dialog; I changed the Value Type to “Variable”; Click on value; data is populated with dummyText. See the following screenshot.

Ver 5.7.1 looks OK.

スクリーンショット 2018-11-15 8.17.03.png

@Katalon team

The newer version of Katalon Studio looks buggy as deepak and LeAnn pointed out. Please look into it.

I too am seeing this on 5.8.6. It is happening any time you try to map a variable whether it be the basic scenario that was outlined above or call test case mappings. It seems as if global variables are working fine though.

One more post:

This issue seems to be duplicating to

Hey Guys, I seem to have been facing the same identical problem, does it only happen to the newer version of Katalon?

This issue has been listed in the backlog:

The backlog indicates that this issue is currently under implementation stage.

Tested in 5.9.1 - works for me now :slight_smile: