LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving field "NODE" the class loader (instance of org/codehaus/groovy/tools/RootLoader) of the referring class, javax/xml/xpath/XPathConstants,

Hi ,

please I had an operational test case, after upgrade Katalon Studio To version 8 i Have this error :
Unable to verify element text (Root cause: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving field “NODE” the class loader (instance of org/codehaus/groovy/tools/RootLoader) of the referring class, javax/xml/xpath/XPathConstants, and the class loader (instance of ) for the field’s resolved type, javax/xml/namespace/QName, have different Class objects for that type
in attachement my classpath file .classpath.zip (2.4 KB)
thanks in advance

Hi @youssef.machkira,

Please remove xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar in Drivers folder then try again.

Thanks duyluong for your feedback , i removed xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar from Drivers folder but i got the same error LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving field “NODE” the class loader (instance of org/codehaus/groovy/tools/RootLoader) of the referring class, javax/xml/xpath/XPathConstants, and the class loader (instance of ) for the field’s resolved type, javax/xml/namespace/QName, have different Class objects for that type
in attachement my new classpath.classpath.zip (2.4 KB)

See

This reported that the “stax-api-1.0.1.jar” bundled in the v7.9.1 caused the problem LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving field “NODE”

In the .classpath of @youssef.machkira I found a line:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-8.1.0/configuration/resources/lib/stax-api-1.0.1.jar"/>

So the error occured again due to the same reason as I reported previously.

@youssef.machkira

Please try removing the stax-api-1.0.1.jar from your Katalon Studio v8.1.0.

@duyluong

I have v8.2.0beta. I looked for

/Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/resources/lib/stax-api-1.0.1.jar

on my Mac, and found THERE IS NOT the jar bundled in the v8.2.0beta.

I wonder exactly at which version of Katalon Studio, the stax-api-1.0.1.jar was removed?

Thanks after removing the stax-api-1.0.1.jar from your Katalon : the problem no longer persists .thank you very much

1 Like

@kazurayam
stax-api-1.0.1.jar will be removed in release v8.2.0 onward.

Btw, many thanks for your help.