Licensing Problem with Katalon Runtime Engine

Hi Everyone,
Our Company bought 3 Katalon Studio Licenses and 2 Runtime Engine Licenses but we faced some Problems while traying to Execute the tests through the CommandLine and Jenkins.
The current situation:

• Katalon Studio 7.2.1 installed on the Pc where the Tests will be executed
  • Owner User is logged in KSE for activation
  • KRE is Installed
  • API key was generated on Katalon Store - Explore Plugins for Katalon Studio
  • I verified the API key in KSE under Generate command and it was the Same as in Katalon Store - Explore Plugins for Katalon Studio
  • In the Company Katalon account, under KRE floating licenses i can see that there are 2 available
  • The Jenkins job used to work normally before the new licensing model
    I tried every Possible solution but nothing seems to work
    The Screenshots show the current error that i am getting.

Thank you in advance for your help

Take a look at this file in a text editor:

C:\Users\<user>\.katalon\application.properties

Check for anything that doesn’t ring true. It is safe to delete this file – this will force KS to re-activate next time you start it up. I’m not sure if that affects KRE but it’s worth a shot.

@ThanhTo any additional advice here?

Hi @ahmed.bakir

You mentioned

Does your Jenkins machine trigger a build on Docker or Azure Devops ? Because that’s what KRE floating (officially DevOps) license is for. If you simply want to execute tests on a local Jenkins machine then what you need iis a node-locked license. The reason why you were able to run tests during trial is because we put no restrictions because we want you to experience Runtime Engine on different environments.

@Russ_Thomas
Thanks a lot for your help but i still get the same error.
@ThanhTo
Thank you for your answer.That explains why the Jenkins Job on dokcer works but this one doesn’t. When purchasing the licenses there was however, there was no mention of Restrictions, just that we could only have two machines using the licenses at the same time (which was logical). Do you have an idea who I should contact regarding this issue ?

1 Like

Hello everyone,

You’re recommended to read this announcement regarding the consolidation of both Katalon Runtime Engine DevOps and Floating licenses into one licensing offering, Floating .

Jass