[KS 8.9.6] [Q&A] Katalon Studio: Automatic Generation of Duplicate .groovy Files in bin Folder

I’m having an issue with Katalon Studio. Whenever I open a project, an additional .groovy file is automatically generated in the bin folder. After running a test case, I encounter this error:

****Keyword 'runFeatureFileWithTags' failed (Root cause: cucumber.runtime.DuplicateStepDefinitionException: Duplicate step definition exceptions in.**..)**

This error prevents me from running tests further. While I can temporarily fix the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Katalon Studio, this is a time-consuming process, and I believe it might be a bug within the tool itself.

Could you please help me identify the cause of this issue and suggest a more permanent solution?

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

The following Stackoverflow post might suggest something for you:

The message suggest that you made some duplication of names in your code. Please check your codes.

oh . Thanks bro but I checked the code, not duplicate code, this issue because tool generate 2 file same name → has 2 steps duplicate

@anhtt38

Have you solved your problem?
Or not yet?

I solve issue by remove and reinstall tool :smiley:

1 Like