Katalon with Winium for Desktop Applications

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/katalon-with-winium-for-desktop-applications.html

Please help how can we take Screenshot using Winium+Katalon implementation.
WebUI.takeScreenshot command is for web testing framework, not for desktop applications

what does seven,eight, plus, equals represent here ?

driver.findElement(By.name('Seven')).click()

driver.findElement(By.name('Plus')).click()

driver.findElement(By.name('Eight')).click()

driver.findElement(By.name('Equals')).click()

I think these are identifiers of Calculator numeric pad

Some one know how to close the calculator aplication (or other) without on error ?

It is … you can use inspect.exe to know the identifier :slight_smile:

I am getting below error while executing the driver.exe

Failed to start driver: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Listener.StartListening()
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Program.Main(String[] args)

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Listener.StartListening()
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Program.Main(String[] args)

Hi,

A new question on the Winium driver usage. Just like in Selenium where we can reuse the webUI Driver in all classes, Is the same thing possible in Katalon to use the same session of driver in multiple test cases? how

Hi,

I want to know using katalon can we do the desktop automation. My requirement includes to login to VM/RDP and check for the files generated based on the action i have done in the web application. is it possible using Winium+katalon?
Can anyone provide me the answer.

Thanks in Advabce!