Katalon with Winium for Desktop Applications

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/katalon-with-winium-for-desktop-applications.html

Please help how can we take Screenshot using Winium+Katalon implementation.
WebUI.takeScreenshot command is for web testing framework, not for desktop applications

what does seven,eight, plus, equals represent here ?

driver.findElement(By.name('Seven')).click()

driver.findElement(By.name('Plus')).click()

driver.findElement(By.name('Eight')).click()

driver.findElement(By.name('Equals')).click()

I think these are identifiers of Calculator numeric pad

Some one know how to close the calculator aplication (or other) without on error ?

It is … you can use inspect.exe to know the identifier :slight_smile:

I am getting below error while executing the driver.exe

Failed to start driver: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Listener.StartListening()
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Program.Main(String[] args)

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Listener.StartListening()
at Winium.Desktop.Driver.Program.Main(String[] args)

Hi,

A new question on the Winium driver usage. Just like in Selenium where we can reuse the webUI Driver in all classes, Is the same thing possible in Katalon to use the same session of driver in multiple test cases? how

Hi,

I want to know using katalon can we do the desktop automation. My requirement includes to login to VM/RDP and check for the files generated based on the action i have done in the web application. is it possible using Winium+katalon?
Can anyone provide me the answer.

Thanks in Advabce!

Hi. has anyone tried using winium+katalon for desktop applications that has/use log-ins? how does it fare? and can the test suite be ran by jenkins also? thank you!

Hi @carlos.s.garciajr, Yes i have tried Katalon + Winium for Desktop applications
what is log-ins btw? i would be able to answer more if i get more details
Regarding test suite by jenkins, yes they can be run. But i faced a problem that when i invoked the build, instead of running each test one after another, all tests were run parallelly which later caused issue.
Let me know if u have any other Q

How to call a Object Repository’s object in script for windows application?

For web application, the script line will be like webUI…click(findTestObject(XXXXX))
For windows application, what is that we need to write instead of webUI ?

[used Winium driver with Katalon]

@ sachinrupadhyay

When execute the test script, it doesn’t click on the expected keys, it presses the keys 5 and 6

hi,

spy your elements first example with UISpy tool
or Katalon Studio 7.0.0

A SocketException is thrown by the Socket and Dns classes when an error occurs with the network. Most of the time these are connectivity issues due to different IP protocols (IPV4/IPV6) between the two server/computers trying to communicate or extra authentication rules setup on one of the computers for in/out connectivity. Ways to troubleshoot this SocketException are, check you have proper internet connection is there on your machine or not, and you are able to ping the remote server or not. Possible causes for the error:

• You are using the wrong IP address.
  • You are using the wrong port.
  • Firewall blocking the connection.