Katalon will not load known_hosts on windows

I’m trying to get Katalon Studio to link to our CodeCloud instance and I’m failing. The first issue is I have a known_hosts file on Windows but when I try to use Window>Katalon Studio Preferences>General>Network Connections>SSH2>Key Management>Load Existing Key, it fails to load. There is no error description or anything to go on. Permissions look good. I’m trying to set up a new SSH key to link to the repository but can’t get past this step. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you manage to solve the problem? I’m experiencing the same issue and I can’t find the cause.

1 Like

Yes - but I can’t give you a solution. Basically I had another developer, (who is gone now), with more experience look at my instance. He upgraded my code & configuration and the problem ~went away~. I’m now running release 8.5.5/Standalone Edition and have not had the problem since. Sorry I can’t give you more than that.

Thank you for your response.
I finally found the solution. The private and public key pair needs to be created with the name specified by Katalon (“id_rsa”).
By creating the key pair with that name, Katalon will accept them as valid keys, whereas any other name will result in an error.

1 Like

Has anyone figured this out? I am running into the same issue.

1 Like