[Katalon Webinar] Staying Productive while “Testing from Home”

COVID-19_email_recap_600px@2x

Dear Katalon users,

Join us in our upcoming webinar in which we will discuss the state of testing and how to stay productive while working from home.

The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on businesses and individuals are still increasing. Thus, many companies have switched to work-from-home mode. In this sharing session, our speaker will share the latest trends in test automation and best practices with you to effectively “test from home”.

You will learn:

• The in-depth insights, difficulties, and challenges that testers are facing during the COVID-19 outbreak, extracted from our survey
  • Tips and best practices to become a Productivity Hero when working at home
  • How to leverage Katalon Studio ready-made plugins to stay up-to-date with test execution status, improve productivity, and optimize team collaboration for working remotely
  • … and many more!

Time: 11:00 AM EST | Wednesday, Apr 29, 2020
Speaker: Vu Nguyen ( Advisor at Katalon LLC) and Thai Nguyen (Sales Engineer at Katalon LLC)

Register now!

Bonus, you may find our White Paper about this topic helpful. We are glad to provide our community with the research aiming to help you win this challenge.

Download the White Paper

UPDATED:

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in Katalon webinar. If you were not able to join the event, worry not! Please find the recap video HERE

If you prefer the summary in written form, check out our recap blog post!

For better understanding, please take a look at this Q&A list which related to the webinar:

Q: Is there a way in the Play and Record to get around SSL-VPN since we’re all working from home?
A: Please check this document for more information: Config Proxy

Q: How can I use the Katalon license without the internet connection from home?
A: Yes, you can with the offline license. Please check this document for more information: Online and Offline Licenses

Q: Is it possible to fetch data from database real time? I mean without doing any action in Katalon. As far as I know, now Katalon can fetch data from database after clicking button fetch data on test data from database.
A: Yes. Basically when you execute the test case. The fetched data will be the latest one.

Q: Can you connect to Selenium Grid?
A: You can execute your scripts on remote machines by using Selenium Grid. Please learn more here.

Q: I have defined the API payload under keywords, how to execute from the test case?
A: Please check this document for more information: Web Services in a Test Case.

Thanks again for your interest in our event. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming webinars!

Stay safe and Happy testing,
Katalon Team

3 Likes

1. Listen only mode for “participants” made them an audience, not participants. I have worked from home for ~25 years - I could have provided input.
  2. It felt rushed.
  3. Not enough time was spent on each chosen topic - watching a mouse dancing around a screen is distracting. The presenter should slow down and move the mouse purposefully and avoid unnecessary movements.
  4. Many opportunities were missed to highlight well-documented features using links to documentation and forum posts. I posted some which the presenters seemed to think were questions :roll_eyes:
  5. Unable to see other “participants”. Another reason why listen only mode is bad. I think Gotomeeting would be better than GotoWebinar.
1 Like

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate it. The team will review all users 's feedback to deliver better quality on the next events.

Again, thank you. Hope to see you at Katalon’s upcoming activities!

Stay safe and Happy Testing,
Katalon Team