Katalon Studio getting auto closed

• Katalon Studio Version:7.9.1
  • OS Version:Windows 10
  • Browser Version:Chrome 86

Steps to Reproduce:

1.Downloaded free version of katalon studio
2.Created first web project by recording
3.Trying to saving the script than tool get auto closed
4.Now even after multiple reopening and while creating new project or new test case tool get auto closed.PFB error log details

Expected behavior:

Should work fine
Screenshots:
katalon.versionNumber=7.9.1
katalon.buildNumber=208
!SESSION 2021-03-11 14:01:59.501 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown

[katalon error file.txt|attachment](upload://xLQ0Hp6pHHPBcY3ZCGJpQX9kEci.txt) (49.6 KB)

This version of Chrome is very old.
The current version is 89.0.4389.82.
You should update Chrome and Chrome driver first. After that you should start your work.

Hi,

Still the same issue even after using 89 version. pfa error log file.katalon error2.txt (120.5 KB)

In the file you attached, I found the following message.

!MESSAGE Unable to load resource file:/C:/Users/swati.dave/Desktop/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi

Please check if the workbench.xmi file is present or not on your PC.

If not, your installation is corrupted. I do not know the reasone why.

All I can say, you should try installing Katalon Studio again.

Thank for reply but its really disappointing that while I want to learn you tool and its giving basic issues even after following simplest steps in installation. And about the chrome version comaptibility also I am not agree as it should run with any version after 70 atleast as per shared system requirement. As per your comment I tried to reinstall the same but still faced the same issue.

@swati.dave

I asked you a question last time.

Have you checked that?

yes, its present sir.PFA attachment

In the previous post, you seemed to launch Katalon Studio from file:/C:/Users/swati.dave/Desktop/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/katalon.exe.

In the last post, you were looking at a file:
This PC > Downloads > Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1(1) > Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1 > config > .metadata > .plugins > org.eclipse.e4-.workbench > workbench.xmi

You seem to be working on different folders.

Do you launch now Katalon Studio from This PC > Downloads > Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1(1) > Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1 > katalon.exe?

Thank you for your reply, the point is that i have reinstalled the tool as per one of your suggestion in comments thats why two different locations are there. Finally I have again downloaded the tool and this time also facing the same issue,also the workbench.xmi file exist in mentioned path. pfa error log file.Final Katalon Error log.txt (21.5 KB)

In the log file you attached, I found a line:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.UnresolvedReferenceException: Unresolved reference '_dfFiMIV6EeuIpYgEi6Q5hg'. (file:/C:/Users/swati.dave/Desktop/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi, 513, 312

Taking this message as a key, I googled. I found the following Stackoverflow thread:

This thread suggests, removing the file:/C:/Users/swati.dave/Desktop/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.1/config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi file may fix your problem.

I am not sure. May not be right. May be worth trying.