Katalon Studio cannot find image on screen

Hi everyone,

I am testing by using Katalon Studio and I have an issue that I need some helps from Katalon experts:

We are using Katalon Studio to implement test automation for Mobile iOS application.
Most of tests are possible to implement, except some cases related to some specified images.
Not all images on iOS application’s screen, there are only some kind of images that Katalon Studio cannot detect them. I am not sure if it’s the limitation of Katalon Studio or not, because this issue only happen with iOS application.

An example of image that Katalon Studio cannot detect:
KTS_cannot_detect_image

Thank you.

@NTTDATAItalia_POnL

You can try to reduce the image match threshold to a lower value. By default, the threshold is 0.4.

import com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.MobileBuiltInKeywords as Mobile
import com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.internal.MobileDriverFactory

import io.appium.java_client.HasSettings
import io.appium.java_client.Setting

HasSettings settings = MobileDriverFactory.getDriver()
settings.setSetting(Setting.IMAGE_MATCH_THRESHOLD, 0.2)

Mobile.findImageElement("image path")

References: http://appium.io/docs/en/advanced-concepts/image-elements/#related-settings

@duyluong
Can you clarify about the “image path” words? Because our issue is: at the moment we cannot use Katalon Studio to find out the path of fire image.

Thank you for your feedback.

@duyluong
I also had a similar problem although I tried your suggestion, but still can’t find the image?
My phone: Pixel 4 (Android 13)

I think that you should not use the verifyImagePresent keyword at all.

Why? Please find my post:

@thanh.tung.170861

You need to use node 12 then install opencv4nodejs dependencies first. For more details, please refer to our document: [Mobile] Image-based Testing | Katalon Docs