Katalon SOAPUI Validating Response

Hello Team,

I have been trying to automate SOAPUI via Katalon. However, I am facing difficulties in getting the particular value from the response and validating it with actual value.

Please Note that request is correct response from the SOAP request and the element locator is also correct.

Any Solution to this?

Example :
WS.verifyElementText(response, ‘BillQueryResponse.Bills.Bill.InvoiceCode’, ‘845884213779’)

Exception :
2020-07-08 06:49:22.335 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - ? Expected text is ‘845884213779’ but actual element text is:
2020-07-08 06:49:22.347 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - ? Unable to verify element text (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Expected text is ‘845884213779’ but actual element text is:

Hi @ashish.ad.sharma,
Can you share your XML response?


Hi @ashish.ad.sharma,
Have you tried “BillQueryResponse.Bills.Bill[0].InvoiceCode” ?

Hi @huynguyen
Yes I did and it failed. :frowning:

Hi @ashish.ad.sharma,
According to the picture, the value in the response is 64411… , but your expected value is 84588… . They seem to be different. :grin:

Hi @huynguyen,

Please ignore the value mentioned in picture. The actual issue is that I am not able to extract the value from the response. I have tried to alter the element locator but every time it is giving me empty/no result.

Hi @ashish.ad.sharma,
Please share us a sample response (in plain XML, no picture). We will try to reproduce the issue from our side.

Hi @huynguyen
Please find below the response. I am not able to attach it as a file as It is throwing me an error.

Please note that I have removed all the values, which I guess you can use the dummy values.

Please revert if you need any more information.


<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/”>








Hi @ashish.ad.sharma,
This doesn’t seem to be the same response structure as the one in the image. Without the correct one, we cannot reproduce the issue.

Your case is similar to

WS.verifyElementText keyword does not work when the response SOAP message has a <soap:Header> element in front of a <soap:Body> element. I checked it is the case in v8.1.0. This fact is not documented.