Katalon plugin for Jenkins - In which directory do I put Katalon.tar.gz?

On my Jenkins server (Linux), I installed the Katalon plugin. To test it, I created a Freestyle project, then configured:

• my git repository
  • the Katalon command and options to use

Upon running the build, Jenkins tries to download the latest Katalon archive from GitHub. Unfortunately, our office has connectivity issues with GitHub, so the download fails. Jenkins throws a connection exception.

Can I workaround this by manually downloading the archive and placing it in a directory? If so, which directory to I place it in?

Thank you for the report. We’ve published Jenkins plugin version 1.0.2 that allows manually installed package. I’ll inform you when the package is available at https://plugins.jenkins.io.

Jenkins plugin version 1.0.2 has been published. Please try again and let me know the result.

Thanks for the notice @devalex88. In the Use pre-installed Katalon Studio field, do I specify the /path/to/tar.gz? Or the /path/to/katalon_executable?

Please use the directory that contains the katalon executable file. Also, please upgrade to plugin version 1.0.4 if you encounter permission issues (depends on your Linux configuration) - I’m sorry for this inconvenience.

jenkins@ubuntu:~$ tar -xzf Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.10.1.tar.gz
jenkins@ubuntu:~$ cd Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.10.1
jenkins@ubuntu:~/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.10.1$ pwd
/var/lib/jenkins/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.10.1

I wrote a short tutorial for this plugin.

Thanks @devalex88! I’ve confirmed that the changes have worked :slight_smile:

1 Like