Katalon gets stuck on Indexing Project window when opening a project

Katalon crashes and needs to be closed from task manager when this happens, any idea whats going on?

indexing.PNG

Hi Mark,

Please read this post: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4405/read-this-first-before-reporting-an-issue-bug#latest and post your Katalon Studio logs in this case. If you can provide your reproducible steps, it would be nice for us too :slight_smile:

Regards

after adding HOME local variable there is still problem opening any project.
the only step i am doing is trying to open a local project.

Windows 10
katalon.versionNumber=5.2.0

katalon.buildNumber=1

!SESSION 2018-01-02 11:27:18.038 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_102

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data config

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2018-01-02 11:27:23.312

!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

Could not find element with Id ‘com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.handledmenuitem.webServiceRequest’

Could not find element with Id ‘com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.dynamicmenucontribution.ios’

Could not find element with Id ‘com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.dynamicmenucontribution.ios’

Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.project.constants.composerProjectMessages

Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testcase.constants.composerTestcaseMessages

SLF4J: Failed to load class “org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder”.

SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

Warning: NLS unused message: PA_LBL_CREATED_DATE in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.constants.composerTestsuiteMessages

Warning: NLS unused message: PA_LBL_LAST_UPDATED in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.constants.composerTestsuiteMessages

Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.objectrepository.constant.composerObjectRepositoryMessages

Warning: NLS unused message: ACTIVATED_PROP_NAME in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Warning: NLS unused message: ACTIVATE_INFO_INVALID in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Warning: NLS unused message: ACTIVATION_CODE_INVALID in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Warning: NLS unused message: ACTIVATION_COLLECT_FAIL_MESSAGE in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Warning: NLS unused message: DIA_TITLE_FUNCTIONS_INTRODUCTION in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Warning: NLS unused message: ERR_CONSOLE_MODE in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Warning: NLS unused message: REQUEST_CODE_PROP_NAME in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Hi Mark,

Based on your provided logs, unfortunately, these logs are not related to your current issue, so I’m guessing something wrong with the current Katalon Studio. I suggest trying deleting ‘config’ folder from Katalon Studio folder and restart Katalon Studio.

Thanks for the quick answer, I’m still having this problem after deleting the config folder

This issue persist only on one machine, I was trying to copy a project from a different machine, also was trying to copy the whole Katalon folder from the working machine.
The same issue still persist. tried to re-download Katalon, reboot the machine, nothing helps.

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to share with me your project?

Sure, it will probably work for you, It is working on certain machines - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tLrtQb3NPXEm14thxbDyR7VH5wMTfJaz

Hi Mark,

Yes you are right. This issue doesn’t happen from my side or any other machines from my teammates. Based on your original screenshot, looks like it’s struggling at ‘Indexing project…’ so I think adding some lines into katalon.ini will work, so can you try adding these lines into katalon.ini file directly:

-clean
-refresh
-XX:+AggressiveOpts
-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=1
-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=2
-XX:+UseSerialGC

Regards

Hi Vinh,

so iv’e tried that with deleteing the config folder and changing
my ini file to look like this but still that didn’t work -

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711.jar