Katalon crashing post updating to Macos 13.0 Ventura

Hi,
I encountered the the same issue: Katalon crash after updating MacOS Ventura.

Then I downloaded [ Katalon_Studio_Engine_MacOS-8.5.3.tar.gz ], but no response when click “Katalon Studio Engine”.

Is there any other operation I need do?
Look forward to your quick response, it’s a block issue for our team. Thanks a lot.

Please read the above posts carefully. You need 8.5.3.alpha.

1 Like

i found bug in alpha version. when i using object repository api , i can’t set body text json. and in response i can’t see body response too

The new Katalon Studio 8.5.5 release was supposed to solve the problems users are facing on macOS Ventura but it is also crashing. Could you please help?

1 Like

@duyluong Please let us know if the issue has been resolved ?

Hi @harshtyagi6475
You can try here as a workaround:

1. Copy the attached file KatalonStudio.sh to the Package Contents of the KS application (whatever version you want except 8.5.3.alpha)
  2. Run KatalonStudio.sh file to launch Katalon Studio application
    KatalonStudio.sh (607 Bytes)
1 Like

katalon studi is crashing in mac os ventura

please help about this

See

1 Like

Hi @muhammadabdul.wakhid, I moved your post here to keep you posted on our updates. Thank you @kazurayam for your support!

Hi @huyen.nguyen2, @duyluong, I’m using the Katalon studio 8.5.5 version but still, but I’m facing a crash issue on my Mac, when can we expect the fix for this issue?

The main purpose of the file is start application directly via KRE, here is the command to run

/Applications/KatalonStudio.app/Contents/Eclipse/jre/Contents/Home/bin/java” -XstartOnFirstThread -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UseStringDeduplication -Xms256m -Xmx2048m -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts -classpath “/Applications/KatalonStudio.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.5.700.v20200207-2156.jar” org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main -launcher “/Applications/KatalonStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/katalon” -name Katalon -showsplash 600 -product com.kms.katalon.product -configuration “file:/Applications/KatalonStudio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration”

Note: /Applications/KatalonStudio.app is the path you store and naming KS

I am facing the same issue after updating MacOS.

I just installed KatalonStuido version 8.5.5 and I am facing this same issue.

I was able to get it to open by using the sh script. But seems like a funny workaround for an issue that has been going on since Oct??

Hi @niftiitimp and @jacob.hay, at the moment we are still waiting for an official fix from Apple regarding this issue so in the meantime, you can download KS build 8.5.3 alpha or follow a workaround by @huyen.nguyen2 as below:

1. Downloading KS version 8.5.3 alpha
  1. Huyen’s workaround

Please let us know if you still have any issue when attempting these two temporary solutions. Thanks!

Katalon studio keeps crashing for me as soon as its activated and opened.

I tried different versions : 8.5.5, 8.4.2, 8.9.0

System Configuration :
32 GB MacBook Pro
Mac OS Ventura 13.1

1 Like

Hi @swkumari, I’m assuming that your Macbook is using an Intel chip, if that’s the case then please see my reply above for a temporary workaround. Thanks! :+1:

I am facing the same issue. KS does not launch even after downloading Katalon_Studio_Engine_MacOS-8.5.3.tar.gz

Please let us know what needs to be done here

I am facing the same issue..

The issue was fixed by Apple team. You can upgrade to macOS 13.2 Ventura to resolve the problem.

How can we confirm it? Any URL from Apple to read?