Let me explain this issue with some details.
I tried to run my test using Kobiton using an APK , seems to be working. However if I run it locally using an smartphone I got an error:
Test Cases/Test/Test1 FAILED.
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to start app at: ‘C:/installAPK files/TAPP/com.test.TestTapp.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Cannot start the ‘com.gilasw.TelgianTapp’ application. Original error: ‘md5b6ad86f39049d7d6938cba4b79d3fb75.SplashActivity’ or ‘com.gilasw.TelgianTapp.md5b6ad86f39049d7d6938cba4b79d3fb75.SplashActivity’ never started (WARNING:
This problem was often happening before when I start using the tool locally. (Android 8, Android 7.1, etc)
Is there a requirement to put into APK file to be able to start the splash or is there something that should be configure before we run our test?
I setup this in Katalon to solve my problem in the beginning:
AppWaitActivity = *
capabilities.setCapability.ActivityName = com.test.TestTapp.apk.Android.MainActivity
capabilities.setCapability.PackageName = com.test.TestTapp.Android
However now I have the problem again even using this settings. Katalon run my test integrating Kobiton, but not on my local.
Kobiton use 8.1.0 and locally I used 8.1.0
Hope somebody can help me providing some info about this.
I think you are on the right track with setting the capabilities. In the case of your error, it looks like the test is expecting a package named
com.gilasw.TelgianTapp with an activity name of
SplashActivity. Does that sound right? You could try setting those values for the
Hope this helps,
Seems that it doesn’t work, I tried to add other capabilities in other topic that you answer in the comunity.
But I still have problems.
I Hope this can helpful to see the picture in this problem.
Let’s try taking those settings down to the basics and see if that helps. Try setting only these things and remove the others (note the capitalization matters):
Hope this helps,
Seems that works to run spy or record, however now I got a different error and thi is kind of wierd:
- when runs test case using kobiton, it say: Failed to set text to into element. Objetc is null
*Running in my smarthphone:
Test Cases/Add Extinguisher FAILED.
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to start app at: ‘C:\Users\Gilasw\Downloads\com.gilasw.TelgianTapp.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Error executing adbExec. Original error: ‘Command ‘C:\Users\Gilasw\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -P 5037 -s 3857574546393098 install -r -g C:\Users\Gilasw\Downloads\com.gilasw.TelgianTapp.apk’ exited with code 1’; Stderr: ‘adb: failed to install C:\Users\Gilasw\Downloads\com.gilasw.TelgianTapp.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl1614181512.tmp/base.apk: Attempt to get length of null array]’; Code: ‘1’ (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
I’ve seen this issue before, and sometimes deleting the apk from the device and/or wiping the device can help.
The trickier solution involves having to rebuild the apk because it was signed incorrectly when building it.
Here are some posts that detail the reasons why you would need to do that:
Thank you @Chris_Trevarthen
I will review them.