[Katalon Automation Recorder] [Section] Tab > Variables

Fernando Espinoza said:

Hello, how can I use the same variable in different tests on katalon record?

Hi Fernandino

Yes you can.

The way i do this - is i am defining all the variables in the 1st script in the Test Suite.

What is the exact issue you are facing?

Thank you
Andrew

Hello Andres, thank you very much for answering, but you have a problem using a variable that works in all the tests

but I managed to solve this by creating a global bariable in javascript file, then upload this file to the katalon recorder interface.

Fernando Espinoza said:

Hello Andres, thank you very much for answering, but you have a problem using a variable that works in all the tests

but I managed to solve this by creating a global bariable in javascript file, then upload this file to the katalon recorder interface.

Correct. The Global Variable works properly.
My apologies if i did not explain properly.

Andrew

Hey Andres, have you tried to do automatic tests for API with katalon estudio?

Fernando Espinoza said:

Hey Andres, have you tried to do automatic tests for API with katalon estudio?

Hi Fernando

Not yet - i myself apprentice in here and only learn this and practice Katalon very part time.
However - as far as i know you can automate APIs.
Note - some tools - Postman for example - use its own automation functions to automate…

Thanks
Andrew

Hello,
Please, I had some issues using the new version of Selenium IDE.
All my commands containing storing variable are no more working.
I use Chrome as web driver.
In my example, I store the name of my product existing in the Home page, after that I click on it and check if it’s the right PDP by verifying the name of my product but it didn’t work, it worked on the old version of selenium ide!

Also, I need to compare two variables and it did not work.

Please Help.
Thank you

comparer.PNG

verifyKO.PNG

Hi, I use newest plugin of Katalon Recorder, I write text from div to variable nrfaktury907 and next validating by verifyText command with value ${nrfaktury907}. It works! :slight_smile: