Katalon 6.2, Appium 1.12.1, device capabilities issue

Hi Devs,

Please help me on this issue with Katalon 6.2 and Appium 1.12.1.

1. My setting on device capabilities:
  • {“deviceName”:“iPhone 8”,“platformVersion”:11.3,“deviceId”:“2DD349A5-ABBB-4B71-9CF7-7168A1E9A36D”,“platformName”:“iOS”,…}.
  1. It used to work properly on previous KAtalon with Appium 1.8.1
  2. Issue with Katalon 62 - Appium 1.12.1
    [Appium] Appium v1.12.1 creating new XCUITestDriver (v2.110.1) session
    [Appium] Capabilities:
    [Appium] browserstack.debug: false
    [Appium] platFormVersion: 11.3
    [Appium] platformName: ios
    [Appium] app: /Users/toantannguyen/Documents/build/Release-iphonesimulator/myapp.app
    [Appium] automationName: XCUITest
    [Appium] deviceName: iPhone 8
    [Appium] launchTimeout: 90000
    [Appium] newCommandTimeout: 10000
    [Appium] orientation: PORTRAIT
    [Appium] resetKeyboard: true
    [Appium] udid: 2DD349A5-ABBB-4B71-9CF7-7168A1E9A36D
    [Appium] unicodeKeyboard: true

[XCUITest] Error: ‘undefined’ cannot be coerced to a valid version number
    [XCUITest] at coerceVersion (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-support/lib/util.js:241:11)
    [XCUITest] at Object.coerceVersion [as compareVersions] (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-support/lib/util.js:268:35)
    [XCUITest] at XCUITestDriver.compareVersions [as start] (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/lib/driver.js:263:14)

Something happened to turn platformVersion to platFormVersion when Katalon call Appium.

Please help to check the case.

Please add:
platformVersion: 11.3
in Desired Capabilities/Mobile/iOS

Already added as you can see.
However, It was magically changed to “platFormVersion” which cannot be recognized by Appium.

I have attached my Desire capability screenshot please check if you missing something from here. And Please in project setting->Desire Capabilities-> Select the device and apply/save it. And remember when you run test please select same device you have set in desire capability.

[N.B :slight_smile: Please pardon me for my bad english]

Thanks,

Can you share me the appium log when Katalon connect to Appium server?
There 2 thing here:

1. Appium requires “platformVersion”, but not “PlatformVersion” as yours.
  2. Katalon is parsing my “platformVersion” into “platFormVersion”.

Bad thing:

• from Appium 1.8.2-beta to 1.12.1, “platformVersion” is required so Katalon cannot work with those version of Appium.
    #So I think dev should fix this bug asap. It is a blocker.

Workaround:

• Appium 1.13. “platformVersion” is not mandatory for Simulator. So I can work with Simulators now. And this is the warning:

[XCUITest] ‘platformVersion’ capability (‘undefined’) is not a valid version number. Consider fixing it or be ready to experience an inconsistent driver behavior.

Not sure about real device, I will try soon.

Yes, Those capabilities are not recognized by appium

e[35m[BaseDriver]e[39m The following capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: deviceId, platform, appWaitDuration, autoGrantPermissions.
e[35m[BaseDriver]e[39m Session created with session id: 2797ff1b-6729-4907-8801-e446e092272f

I had many problems during configure project setting in katalon studio with appium. So i have add and remove some of desire capabilities randomly. Now the project is running on my ios Simulator and iPad(real Device) As well.

Just curious,
What version of Appium are you using, [Md_Borhan_Uddin_Sark] ?

Cheers,

Katalon Studio : 6.2.0
Appium Version : 1.12.1