It seems I have messed up Katalon on my PC... help?

Hopefully there is another bumbling idiot out there who is like me and can provide a solution…

Essentially I can no longer open or run Katalon. Here is a timeline of events that apparently led to this:

1. Downloaded and opened Katalon. Started using. Begun a test library for my project. Liked it. All was well. Yay.
2. Restarted my PC for another reason, nothing to do with Katalon. Did close first.
3. Reopened Katalon. It opened. Cool, no probs.
4. Attempted to open my project… nope, not happening. Just an error every time, will not open the project. Apparently it could not find it. But it was there, I could see it in the folder where it was saved.
5. Decided that reinstalling Katalon would help. Could not see Katalon in windows list of programs. Odd…Decided to manually delete the folder it was kept in, redownload and start again.
6. Did the above. Attempted to open. Does not open… simply says an error has occurred and directs me to a log file, which I do not understand.

Anyone else? Have I broke it? And how would I fix it?

Hello Joshua, I vaguely recall having similar issue where project would not open when I moved it to another machine or location. Have you moved your project folder?

Anything useful in the log file? Where your Katalon is, i.e. Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\config\.metadata , there is a .log file. I would rename that and repeat your process to get a clean log and see.

Hi, thanks for the response. Actually no I didn’t move the project or any of it’s contents, which was why I decided to reinstall. I just couldn’t think of anything else to try. According to the log file generated last time I tried "The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Program Files\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\config\.metadata. "

Joshua Lovejoy said:

Hi, thanks for the response. Actually no I didn’t move the project or any of it’s contents, which was why I decided to reinstall. I just couldn’t think of anything else to try. According to the log file generated last time I tried "The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Program Files\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\config\.metadata. "

Do you have full permission in this folder? Would you like to try using different folder besides C:\ drive

Yes I have full permission. I’ll give it a try though, thanks.

All good now thanks, in the end I just did a system restore and started a new project. All back to normal now.